Chapter V

Chris had finally arrived to where Moni said she was located. He saw her sitting on a bench, typing away on her phone. He beeped the horn, grabbing her attention and she looked up and smiled before jogging towards the car. He unlocked the door for her and admired how she looked as she got in. She had her natural hair in a curly updo and minimal makeup on. She was wearing a funny crop top with pancakes on it with high waisted, ripped dark jeans, and blue cement 3's.

 She was wearing a funny crop top with pancakes on it with high waisted, ripped dark jeans, and blue cement 3's

"Ya hair all cute and shit." He complimented, twirling one of her loose curls.

She laughed and smacked his arm away. "Thank you, but don't touch a black girl's natural hair, cause it took hours to get it that way."

He laughed and put his hands up in surrender. "Shit my bad, but nah deadass you look all natural, like a black goddess and shit."

She shook her head and continued to laugh. "You and these compliments. Thank you.. again."

"So you not gon give a nigga a compliment after I just gassed ya head odee?"

"Oop," She laughed. "My bad. You look good too."

"Man," He smacked his lips. "That's all I get?"

"What else do you want me to say?"

"Iono, maybe you could say how I look like a dashing black king mixed with a little Trey songz and little bit of Prince."

She covered her mouth as she busted out laughing. "Please don't lie to yourself."

He put his hand over his heart and pretended to be hurt. "That's cold."

"Clown. Where we going anyway?"

"It's a surprise."

She groaned. "I hate surprises."

"Oh fucking well, you'll like this one." He started driving once again towards his surprise destination.

"You know, you do curse a lot."

He glanced at her real quick to find her looking at him already. "Is it a turn off for you or some shi- or something?" He quickly corrected himself.

"I mean nah not really." She chuckled a little and faced the window again. "It's just me being observant, I guess."

"Oh igh."

"You don't have to not curse around me or anything, I'm just saying that you do it a lot."

"I wasn't going to stop to be honest witchu." He licked his lips and chuckled a little. "Honestly, it became apart of my vocabulary, it's a lil hard not to. And sometimes it's just to add emphasis to something or express how you feel towards something."