Cheater! Sting x Natsu's Sister! Reader | Sabertooth | Part 2

Start from the beginning

She tried to convince herself that she was strong, that she could easily beat this. That was a part of her title.

But deep in her heart, [Name] knew that she was no match for the dragon. She was weak.

Inferior.

She was only human.

Despite this fear, [Name] continued to push forward. She continued to stand back up to face the dragon.

She told herself that she wasn't going to die here.

She had to go back to Sting. Had to see Natsu one last time.

The dragon that she was battling was no ordinary dragon, not that there could ever be an 'ordinary dragon'.

A dragon who spoke nothing but lies, one who deceived with illusions and tricks.

[Name] tried to not believe its lies as they fought. She tried to not let her heart rule her mind and attempted to convince herself that it was wrong.

But no matter how headstrong she was, a small flame of doubt still flickered in her heart as she started to cave in.

Just as [Name] thought that she would collapse due to exhaustion and her injuries, the dragon in front of her started glowing.

It eventually disappeared.

[Name] fell to the floor, her right leg bleeding heavily. She looked up just as a familiar voice called her name.

It was Sting.

He effortlessly hoisted her up to her feet despite being injured himself.

"Are you alright?" He asked her with worry laced in his voice.

"Yes. I'll live," [Name] replied, looking down at the arm that was most likely broken.

Sting didn't believe her and carefully lifted the girl into the air, completely ignoring her protests. [Name] frowned and ignoring the pain, pushed him away.

"I can stand by myself. I don't need your help," she told him as she limped beside him.

Sting looked at her, noticing the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes.

"[Name]..."

"I told you, I'm fine," [Name] insisted, glancing to the side as she continued to push forwards.

Sting sighed as he grit his teeth, unable to help. She had always been like this.

Even when she was on the brink of death, she refused to let anyone help her.

She stayed strong in front of others and never, in the five years that he had known her, willingly asked for help.

Sting glanced at her as she looked straight ahead with a look in her eyes that he had never seen before.

"[Name], come on, we have to get you to a healer or something,"

"That can wait," she brushed his worry aside without looking back.