Chapter 5 : UH BUSY

Saturday night was just awesome. I had a great time with Tom. I told him all about school, friends and everything else. Tom was more like a best friend than a cousin because I told him everything and so did he, although we had two years of age gap. We watched Maze Runner 3 and walked all the way back home in the quiet streets. We played pranks on some of the people on the way. I know, bad cousins right.

There was a lady on the phone, we threw a foul looking slime on her back while hiding behind the bush. We almost burst out laughing. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw the slime. It was as if she saw a large lizard or something. "Very funny whoever did this," she shouted.

And then we wrote a creepy note and stuck it on someone's car. But that didn't work because the man just read it and threw away the note, he did not show any reaction.

And at the park, I came up with this crazy idea to go up to a kid and say that we are you from the future. And the craziest part was that the kid actually believed and started asking questions about the future.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

Two days later..
I was so angry I could just scream.
My weekly schedule was just packed. This Monday our bio teacher gave us an assignment to do in groups. I was lucky I got AJ and Rachel. It was about human anatomy. And I was weak in bio. We only had two weeks of time to work on it and with the homework load it's going to be a very difficult task. And with this, the badminton coach had extra practice sessions and I've got projects in the designing club. Just great.

Okay, so according to my schedule, I was supposed to work on bio with Rachel and AJ after school till 4 O'clock. And then from 4 to 6:30  I had badminton practice and then I had to do my homework and designing projects at home.

Monday night I was busy doing my homework that I slept really late. So on Tuesday I was very sleepy during the first few periods. I actually got punished for dozing off during history.

That day after school we started working on our bio project in the library. We were really busy searching for information and writing them down, while Rachel got a call and she said she had to leave immediately. She didn't tell why or who called. It was kind of bothering me, but we just continued with our work.

At 4 we starting packing our things and headed to the door. But the door was LOCKED and Ms. Alex was nowhere to be seen.
"What's going on?" I said trying to unlock the door, "I mean Ms Alex knew that we were here,"
"I don't know, she must have forgotten," said AJ.
"This is unbelievable," I said frustrated, "I am going to be really late for badminton,"
We tried to tap the door very hard to get someone, but since it was glass it did not work.
"Ms. Alex would have checked the whole library before leaving, what would have happened," I said.
"We better call the office," said AJ taking his phone out. And he dialled.
He was dialling again and again. He had an annoyed look on his face. Obviously.
It was fifteen minutes past four. "Coach is gonna screw me," I sighed putting my forehead on the glass.
"They are on their way," said AJ.

After waiting for what seemed like forever a man came with the keys and let us out. I rushed to the badminton court saying good bye to AJ.

Mr. Dowling, the coach was furious. I tried to explain but he cut me off. Worst of all I had to stay for an extra thirty minutes for practice as a punishment that day.

I was super tired by the time I reached home. I just wanted to have a nice shower and sink into my bed and fall into the sweet world of dreams. BUT I had got homework to do. Ugh. So that was why I was so angry I just wanted to scream.
That day was seriously a very bad day for me. Maybe the worst day of my life.