Chapter 4 : FRENEMIES

It was quite a scene. I never noticed her coming this way nor did she.
" watch where you're going!" That's what she said in a rude tone, before even looking at me.
"Pardon me," I said.
She had a beautiful face with blond hair and blue eyes. She wore a designer top with high heeled boots.
She looked at me, raised her eyebrows and said, " Heather Wales, the new girl in our year, know one thing, in this school people like you don't even dare to touched me, you almost made me fall..."
Luckily there was no one around except inside the library, which had a glass door and glass walls.

It was not only my fault, it was her fault too, she had a pretty face but had an evil look. I think I had seen her, when I signed up for the designing club. Don't tell me she was in too.
"...since you don't know about me, I let you go," she continued.
"Wasn't it your fault too?" I asked.
She stared at me for few seconds and she spat, "don't you dare talk back to me!"
From nowhere I heard a girl say, "Jacquliene, it was your fault too, don't think you could get away with it." She said stressing on the word 'was'.
So Jacquliene was her name huh.
"Tasha, go away this is none of your business," said Jacquliene harshly.
Tasha was a cute looking girl, dark skinned with black curly hair. She wore a baby pink coloured long sleeved t-shirt and a pair of jeans, simple yet elegant outfit. While Jacquliene wore posh clothes.
"You can't just blame her, you also have the right to apologise," said Tasha.
"And what if I don't?" asked Jacquliene.
I can't believe we were arguing over a small thing.
"Guys please, let's just leave it," I said.
Jacquliene gave me a look and walked away. I didn't like her.
"Don't worry she is always like that," said Tasha.
"Why is she like that anyways?"
" she thinks that she is the Queen bae and thinks she could control everybody but her charms don't work on us."
"Us?"
"Yeah my gang,"
Just then the bell rang.
"Let's hang out some other time okay bye!" she said
"Sure, bye!" I replied.

●●●●●●●●●●

The following day, Tasha came upto my table during lunch and said, "Why don't you come and join with me and my friends,"
I was glad that she liked me because  I didn't have any friends at that time.
"Yeah sure," I said.
Her gang consisted of four people including her; two boys and two girls.
Tasha did the introduction.
"Guys, this is Heather and Heather this is Rachel, David and AJ."
"I know her she is in Mrs.Preverts' class, which is also my class," said David.
And then we started to chat.
"Basketball tournament is coming up and Darren and the other players are practicing before and after school I am sure we'll win," said AJ.
"Of course yeah! That guy's born for basketball," said David.
"Who's Darren?" I asked.
"The basketball champion," said Tasha, " Jacquliene has a huge crush on him, almost half of the school has a crush on him and his best friend Joshua," she added.
"Joshua also plays basketball and he is so cute," said Rachel with a dreamy look.
"I don't think I know them or I have seen them," I said.
" you'll see them on the match day, I bet you won't take your eyes off them," said Tasha.
Whoever they are, not my problem because basketball is not my thing.
I got along with Tasha and her friends  the next few days and then we became best friends.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

Classes were boring. I saw the locker guy in one of my classes but he didn't notice me and I was not in a mood to go and talk to him. My friends were also in some of my classes. Jacquliene was in most of my classes; just great.

Jacquliene became my enemy, when my design got the most votes and she got the second most votes. I know she was just jealous.
She came upto me and she said harshly, "Just because your design got more votes it doesn't make you better than me." "Actually your design looks horrible, you got votes because people felt sorry for you," she added with a smirk and walked away.
What's with her. I hated her. That's how she became my first enemy.

My second enemy was Adrian, Jacquliene's best friend. She was also one of the popular kids as she was the badminton champion. She was both Tasha's and my enemy in badminton. Not opponent but enemy because she had an attitude just like Jacquliene.

Both Jacquliene and Adrian had Very good looking faces but evil hearts.

I spent most of my free time in the library and lunch time with my new bffs. The whole school was excited about the basketball tournament, which was to be held the following week; posters all over the school encouraging the players.

●●●●●●●●●●●

"So you guys have plans for this weekend?" Asked Tasha during lunch.
"Um yeah I am going for a movie with my cousin Tom," I said.
"Homework," said AJ with an exhausted tone.
"I am free," said David munching his burger.
"Dance class," said Rachel.
"I was thinking if you guys like to come to my place for a sleepover," said Tasha.
"Sounds fun maybe next weekend?" I suggested. And we all agreed.