Chapter 3: THE LOCKER

I was standing at my locker, collecting my books and I was thinking of decorating my locker.
The locker next to mine was kind of mystery because I never saw who was the owner of it. A group of girls passed by me, gossiping about things, looking at me I heard one of them say something like, " oh she is so lucky to have her locker next to his" and another girl say "I envy her".
I mean come on I hear a couple of times a everyday whenever I was at my locker and girls in my grade pass by me.
Who is this guy anyway and why I never saw him till now?
I was determined to find out who that guy was, so I planned to come early to school the next day and find out this guy and why girls envy me because my locker is next to his.

The next day I was very early and I had to tell my mom that I had a project to complete as a reason for leaving to school early.
I went to the locker hall and I hid at a corner and waited as it will be kind of awkward to wait at my locker to see him.
Was that mystery guy in my grade? Why were the other girls jealous of me? Was it my fault that my locker is next to this guy's? Lots of questions were running in my head at that moment.
'Trrrrrng...' went the school bell, still he hadn't shown up.
I got the reason why I didn't see him these days maybe because he was absent for long. But why? Shouldn't he be happy to come back to school after vacation? Why bother!
I was just wasting my time waiting for him and he doesn't show up! And now I am bothering him! Unbelievable!
I don't care what the other girls say, anyway someday soon I am going to see him.

I enrolled myself in badminton in school. I love badminton it's my favourite sport. I am not a sporty type, in fact people say that I am girly. I have a hope that I'll win the interschool badminton championship trophy. I read about it the school notice board and immediately I enrolled myself in it.
I also signed up in the school designing club as I love designing, art and fashion and this is why people call me girly in my family and my friends in my previous school.
In my previous school I was not a popular kind of girl. And I don't think I'll be popular in West Silver either. And of course I'll be popular if I win the badminton championship trophy.

The next day, as usual I went to my locker to collect my books and then off to class. Whenever I see my locker, I wonder who the owner of the locker next to mine is.
But that day when I was at my locker, just pasting a zig zag printed in pink, purple and blue wallpaper to start off with my decoration, I heard someone open the locker next to mine, which I was determined to find the owner. Before I could turn to see who it was, I heard a guy's voice say " hey!" And I turned and froze for a moment. "hey!" I replied.
"New to school?" He asked. He looked handsome and cute. He had black hair and brown eyes, he wore a pair of jeans, a purple t-shirt and a black jacket over it. He looked like a jock. Now I see why the other girls envy me.
"Yeah," I replied in a squeaky voice and nodding with a smile.
Before he closed his locker, I caught a glimpse of his locker, it was filled with cool stuff.
" so my name is..." just then a group of boys, his friends I guess, came rushing and dragged him away.
"Hey catch ya later!" He said and went away chattering with his friends.

There was still time for the school bell to go, so I headed to the library. I was having the book, which I had to return, in my hand so while walking I was just turning the pages and checking if I had left any bits of paper in it, not giving much attention to where I was going as I was used to the library corridors. I often went to the library as I love reading novels.
Just then I bumped on someone . Ouch

A/N: hey people! I know it's kinda boring, but later on i promise it will be interesting. Pls support me cuz this is my first book.
Vote. Share. Comment.
Xoxo Hanaa