Chapter 1: MOVING DAY

"Heather, wake up," called Mum. "give me 5 minutes mom," I said. "Heather, don't you remember? We are moving today." Mum said. " Yes mom." I yawned.

We have been living in South Dakota, since I was born, and now I am 13. I really don't want to move, but since my Dad had decided to start a new business in New Jersey with my uncle, we had to move. I would miss my school, friends and neighbors here. I wondered how my new school will be.

"Our flight is at 9 so we better hurry." said Dad. We had sent our furnitures and lots of our other things earlier itself, so we were almost ready to fly. My Dad had bought a house in New Jersey next to my uncle's, so that means my cousin is in my neighborhood. We got on the flight, I was feeling a bit nervous when the thought about leaving my friends and school came, but since technology is improved I can keep a touch with my friends.

Uncle Jason, aunt Brianna and my cousin Tom received us in the New Jersey airport. They were really happy to see us. we drove to our new house in uncle Jason's car. Dad's car was shipped to New Jersey, so we would have to register and get our car back.

At last we reached home. I was really tired. I looked around enthusiastically. It was a a beautiful place. "I think I am gonna love it in here." I thought. Uncle Jason said that it was a really good neighborhood. We had dinner in my uncle's house and stayed there one night as we were too tired to arrange our house.

------

I woke up early the next day morning, had my breakfast and went out with Tom around our neighborhood. Tom took me to the nearby park and we saw many other kids and teens there. " Nice, isn't it?" said Tom. " ya, I never thought I would get a good neighborhood and a park nearby and you never told me anything." I declared. "I wanted to surprise you" said Tom. " I am glad you like this place". " I wonder how my new school is." I said. " Hmm. which school will you be going to? Tom, who was 2 years elder to me and went to high school, asked me. "West Silver Middle School," I said. "That's a really good school, I guess," said Tom. We walked around the park for sometime. " So when are you gonna start your school?" Tom asked. " Tomorrow," I said.

A girl waved to Tom and Tom waved back. She came towards us. Tom introduced me to her. " This is Flora, she lives in our neighborhood," said Tom turning towards me. I said hi and she said hi back, 'Flora seems to be nice,' I thought. Tom and Flora spoke to themselves for a while. I felt a bit left alone and awkward staying there, so I walked towards the pond nearby, Tom didn't notice me.

I was admiring the nature. "Heather," called Tom from behind. I turned. "So you got a girlfriend huh?" I winked. "she is not my girlfriend, only a friend," said Tom embarrassed. " I am sorry I didn't see you walk away" Tom said in a worried tone. " No worries," I said "Come on, I think we better get back home, Mom and Dad will be waiting and I got to do a lot of arranging to do."

We got home. Dad had got his car back. I got ready to work, Tom helped too, 'That was nice of him,' I thought.

Later that night, after having dinner, which Mom made, I texted to my friends back in South Dakota and I arranged my school things and went to sleep saying good night to Mom and Dad. 'Tomorrow's gonna be a big day,' I thought. Thinking about school, I fell asleep.

A/N :- Hello readers, this is my first book, so please don't mind my writing. I want to know all of your view about my story. please vote, comment and share.

loads of love

HANAA :D