The Actual Contest, Part One

~A few weeks later~
The studio behind the bright red curtains of the stage was in a state of organized chaos. Discarded props from various performances were strewn across the floor as all the participants either paced or stood, waiting.
Marinette's heart was racing. Adrien's palms were sweating. Sensing his embarrassment as well as her own, She whispered an affirmation that only he could hear, as they were standing right next to each other in the noisy area.
"Its Okay. We've practiced almost every day, we're gonna do great!" Adrien gazed at her blue eyes for a moment, believing what she had said.
~~
Marinette nervously drew patterns on her arm with the tip of her finger.
It was less than an hour until the concert, and everything felt like a mess. She stood next to Adrien, who was also barely noticeably apprehensive. After all, they had no planned coreography, due to a miscommunication between directors, and had no idea what outfits they would be wearing.
Well, at least we have our voices, Marinette thought. I'm so glad Adrien and I have grown close in the past two weeks. It's made everything so much...easier, She reflected silently. Her musings were cut short as a familiar figure came barreling towards them. Alya? I hope there isn't bad news!
"MARI! BAD NEWS!"
Well, shii-
takki Mushrooms. Why am I such a jinx?
Alya stopped short in front of her friend. A panicked look covered her face as she explained the tragedy. "Marinette, they-"
Steadying herself, Alya took a deep breath with her eyes closed before continuing. What is it?!?
"They don't have your outfit, and there's no extras."
What?
Marinette inhaled, processing the situation without becoming stressed. It was her talent, and Adrien took notice.
"I'm going to go to my house then- I have done a lot of sewing work recently, I'm sure I have something in my closet that will work. I'll be back as soon as I can, Okay?"
Adrien nodded and Alya sent a quick text message to the director.
"Sure. See you then, Mari."
Adrien waved politely with a smirk on his face as the blue-haired girl's best friend dragged her to the bakery.