Rainy Day Birthday

Three things suggested: flowers rain and surprise
Suggested by: SsuMmMmerR

MERLINS POV

I wake up to the lovely pitter patter of rain gently hitting my bedroom window. The only thing that would make it better is if Arthur was here.

Arthur is away on a business trip. He said he wasn't getting back for another week. It just sucks because this is the first year that we're officially together as a couple on my birthday, and I wanted to spend it with him.

We wouldn't do anything. Just cuddle in bed all day watching something on Netflix with hot chocolate.

Why does he have to have a stupid job? I mean, yes, we never have to worry about money where he works. We have a real nice house and everything that we could ever want.........except I just want him to be with me on my birthday.

I get up to make myself breakfast, and decide that I'm just going to sulk in bed all day watching Netflix. I mean there is no reason to give up my day of Netflix just because Arthur's not here.

As I put the bread in the toaster, the door bell rings. I go over to see who it is.

When I open the door, I look dumbfoundedly at I see. Arthur is standing there with a bouquet of flowers. He says with a cheeky smile, "Surprise! Did you really think that I'd miss your birthday for some boring meeting?"

"Wellll.....uummmmm."

"I wouldn't. Now go get dressed. We have a breakfast appointment at your favorite place.........Ihop."

I cheer and peck him on the lips. I'm soooo happy that he showed up even if we didn't get to my Netflix at all that day. 😉