0.7

"Do you think they could be anymore... attention seeking?" Rosalie asks, as the vampire's and the human watch Edward and Bella walk through the crowd of students at Forks High School. Cassandra leans into Emmett and looks at Rose, "well... what's the difference between me and Bella?"

Rose looks at the tiny human, "there isn't... but I got to hand it to you, you somehow managed to warm my frozen heart." Cassandra smiles and squeals as she jumps over to hug Rosalie. Rosalie smiles and hugs back the small girl. Emmett smiles as he loves how his siblings are accepting Cassandra into their everyday lives. As the bell rings, Emmett grabs Cassandra by her hand and pulls her back from the group leaving the nicely parked cars.

"Are you okay babe? You look really tired." Cassandra sighs and looks up at her mate, "I'm okay, my parent's came home this morning right before you came and got me, and they've been fighting. I don't know about what... but it sounds serious."

Emmett sighs and pulls his little mate into his arms, "I'm sorry baby, I wish I could help." Cassandra lays her head on his chest and kisses it, "you are, just by being here."

"I cannot believe this!" Cassandra rolls her eyes as she watches Alice screams about finding out that Cassandra's birthday is coming up soon

"Alice it's only -"

"It's in July, but that doesn't mean why you couldn't tell us! It's freaking a month and a half!" Cassandra giggles as she watches the pixie like vampire throw her arms up in the air.

Jasper just shakes his head at the two girls, "c'mon now darlin', it's the only thing that makes us feel normal - celebrating birthdays."

"Who said what a about a birthday?" Cassandra turns her head as she watches Caleb descend from the stair case with Rose right behind him. Alice glares at the small girl and looks at her brother, "Caleb! It's Cassandra, she's finally turning 18, and she thought it would be cool to hide that from us."

Caleb snorts, "oh, Cassie, you thought you were badass now, now you face the wrath of Alice."

Cassandra glares at Caleb, "fuck you, Caleb." Caleb just smirks at small human and takes a seat next to Rosalie, who gracefully glided her way to the sofa during the exchange between the two.

"Ooo, I can't wait to tell Emmett..."

"NO, we aren't doing that, okay? You guys have given me enough, nothing else should be happening."

"C'mon shorty, it's not even that bad, let Alice throw you a party."

Cassandra rolls her eyes, "I'm not that short! Besides, that's like asking to be killed - no offense pixie."

Alice giggles, "none taken, but seriously please, it will be really fun, I've already seen it!" Cassandra groans and leans on to Jasper, "seriously Alice?! What was the point in trying to beg me to let you throw one?"