3.5

After the little meeting, everyone went their separate ways. Esme bringing Ariana down, because she wanted to see Cassandra. "I'm sorry, Cassandra, she just woke up." Cassandra smiles, taking Ariana out of Esme's arms, "it's okay. I think it has something to do with being part vampire, she won't sleep the whole night."

Esme smiles, "okay, let me know if you need me to take her." Cassandra smiles, leaning in and kissing Esme's cheek, "you are great grandma, Esme. Thank you for helping out." Esme smiles wider, leaving the room where a Bella and Cassandra stood with the little girl.

"Momma, what is everyone doing?" Ariana looks around to see the crowd of teenagers still partying, the party had an hour before it was over, and Cassandra looks over to Bella, who was just as confused on what to say to the little girl. Before either girl could reply, Mike comes out the wood works, "everyone is getting wasted!"

Cassandra glares at Mike, "Mike! What the hell, dude?" Mike shrinks back, smiling awkwardly and leaving the room quickly before facing the wrath of Cassandra. "Mommy, what does that mean?"

Cassandra bites her lip, her glare softening to the voice of her child, "well, uh, that just means - you eat a lot of ice cream, and you get super crazy! That's what wasted means - yeah, that's what it means, right Bella?" Ariana turns her head to look at her aunt, Bella nods her head quickly, "yeah! Definitely what it means..."

Ariana smiles, "I want to get chocolate wasted!" Cassandra's eyes widen, to only burst out laughing, Bella still in shock shakes her head, "oh my... only you Cassandra, only your child." Cassandra shakes her head, "she definitely takes after her dad."

"You have no idea," Bella says, shaking her head, "hey, by the way, can you come outside with me, I think I see Jake and them leaving." Cassandra nods her head, lifting Ariana higher into her arms, "sure, let's go."

Making their way down the stairs, they make their way to the driveway, near the forrest edge. "Jacob," Cassandra's soft voice calls outs to him. Jacob turns around, smiling at the mother that was holding his niece, "Ariana!"

Ariana smiles, waving at Jacob, "hi." Embry and Quil smile, Embry holding his arms out, "can I take her?" Cassandra nods, handing Ariana over to the boys. The boys take Ariana with no complaint, starting to talk to her, as Ariana uses her hands to talk to them about whatever new toy that Caleb recently got her that week.

Bella steps forward, her arms crossed under her chest, "Jake... You don't know what you're getting yourself in to." Jacob shrugs, stepping towards Bella. Cassandra stepping a little in front of Bella, showing Jacob to stand down - which he does, not wanting to cross Cassandra, "Bella... This is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You're the one who wanted us to get along, remember?"

"Jacob, stop being a dick," Cassandra spits at Jacob, wrapping an arm around Bella's waist, trying to calm the girl who was in shock over how harsh Jacob's statement came out. Jacob rolls his eyes, snarling at Cassandra, who took off into the trees, shifting. Embry and Quil look over at the two human girls, smiling sadly at Cassandra and Bella. They hand over Ariana, who waves to them. Embry hugs Cassandra and turns to look at Bella, "don't take it personally Bella, he's just trying to protect you, and get along with them for your sake."