Chapter 3: Super Soldier #1

Start from the beginning

"What's got you all smiley?" Peggy asks noticing her friend's contagious smile.

"I got a letter from Bucky," Jacqueline smiles over her shoulder.

Peggy laughs, "And how is he?"

"He's great. He's worried about Howard though."

"Howard?" Peggy scoffs, "What for?"

Jacqueline smirks, "I think he's jealous. He's worried I'll leave him becuase of Howard's money and charm. That'll never happen though. I love Bucky and I don't care about money."

Peggy smiles clearing her throat to say what she came to say, "Jackie as you know the serum is almost complete. With that being said you've been selected to test it along with a previously selected soldier."

"Why are two of us being tested?" Jacqueline questions.

"Because Dr. Erskine would like to study how the serum effects both male and female anatomy."

Jacqueline nods trying to process the information, "Why me?"

"Because you hold similar qualities as are other candidate. Making the comparison even more exact."

"What's he like? The soldier you picked." Jacqueline asks.

Peggy smiles and Jacqueline can see the slight blush on the agent's cheeks, "He's something. In a different good sort of way. He jumped on a fake grenade, course he didn't know it was fake, to protect all of us. He's very brave,kind, and smart. You know he kinda looks like you, although he's very scrawny ."

She snorts, "The only person I know who's that reckless is my brother." Her smile quickly fades as she realizes what she's been selected to do. This serum has never been tested before. What if something goes wrong and she dies. She swallows and asks "And when do I get, um, tested or injected or whatever?"

Peggy nods and responds "In two days. The serum should be complete by tomorrow, and the following day they need to prep."

Jacqueline smiles and the two girls sit and chat a while before heading to dinner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve was having a difficult time in boot camp. Unbeknownst to Bucky and Jacqueline he had got accepted into the army on Bucky's last day, when they all went to the Stark expo. Steve met Dr. Erkisine and he saw something in Steve no one else did which is why he accepted him to this tiny base in New Jersey.

When he first arrived he noticed a building to the far left of the camp. He saw men come in and out of it, most of them were not soldiers though, they wore lab coats. Steve thought it was odd but didn't say anything. A voice called him out of his thoughts ordering his unit to stand in a line. The voice though was not rough and low like he expected. It was high, soft, delicate, and british? He looked up to meet a women with dark red hair, her lips pressed in a firm line. She introduced herself as Peggy Carter.A soldier, Hodge something said a snarky comment to her and she replied by punching him in the nose. Steve smiles and he gets a feeling in the pit of his stomach he's never felt before. It's a good thing though.