chapter 6: "i understand"

Carter's POV•
finally hearing the anticipating noise of the bell, i quickly shove my books into my backpack and storm out of class.

why! why the hell would he come to my school! what if  people find out; a famous singer adored by many, got a random high school loser pregnant!

i finally see my locker, when i feel a hand gently wrap around my arm.

i turn around with tears almost about to flow out of my eyes.

"hey, i was calling after you, what happened?" he asks.

i just stare at him. "you happened!" i scoff.

i head over to my locker and put in the combination. i open it and look for my books for my next 3 classes.

i then look in the corner of my eye and see him leaning against the locker, looking at me with a puzzled look.

"what did i do?" he asks, pushing off the locker waiting for my answer.

"ugh! come here!" i close my locker take my backpack and drag shawn into the janitor's closet.

hopefully nobody noticed.

"you got me pregnant! that's what you did! and i'm starting to get the bump, which people at school are going to notice in a while because they won't thing it's just me putting on weight! and i still haven't told my parents!! they still thing i am just a good girl, focusing on school, waiting for my acceptance into harvard, just ready to go and become a doctor but now, i can't cause i am carrying a living thing in me that will keep me from just that!" i tell him.

i began to realize the tears now staining my cheeks.

i soon feel arms wrap around me as i am still crying my heart out.

i feel warm, safe and comfortable right now and never want to leave his embrace.

but we both hear the bell and separate.

good thing it's dark so he can't see you blushing.

shut up brain! ugh, i sigh. i wipe my tears and take a deep breath, also inhaling his scent.

it gave me comfort as well.

i turn to open the open and i feel his hand wrap around my arm.

i turn back and look at him.he has a face makes him look guilty.

"hey, um listen- i'm really sorry and all about well, everything so i hope you can eventually forgive me and be friends" he says with a cutesy smile.

that must sting, he just friend-zoned you.

oh shut up! it doesn't matter anyways! he probably doesn't even like me that way, he was just trying to be a good friend.

"um, yeah but-i need time before i can truly forgive.." i say with a small smile which was sort of fake.

"of course, i understand" he says nodding in respect.

i smile, and it's real this time.

"thank you so much" i place a kiss on his cheek without thinking and leave the closet.

as i calmly walk to class, i stop in my tracks.

oh god...WHAT DID I DO!!?!?!

i kissed him on the fricking cheek! i might've given him the wrong idea!

oh god, oh god, oh god!!

okay-just chillll. maybe he'll just brush it off, who knows.

i'm just happy we can be friends now and everything will be calm for now.

Shawn's POV•
i stand there in the hall in shock.

she kissed my cheek. i feel a small blush appear on my face.

keep yourself together dumbass. don't lose your tuff-guy rep over some girl.

yeah, i gotta keep it together. she was probably just thanking me.

i just gotta remember, don't let her fall for you. and most importantly...

don't fall for her...
-
hey y'all!! i hope you liked this chapter sm! i will be posting for frequently; plus i have a question if i should publish another book i've been working on soon?? or should i wait till i finish this one? please like & comment! ily all and have a great day!💗
-maria💜