But God it was hard to keep my eyes off of her.

I watched her silently as she spoke to a student who was obviously trying to flirt, which only amused me further. Poor kid, he really stood no chance with this woman.

I watched as she smiled at him, showing those familiar dimples as she brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. I could tell he had complimented her in some way, but she was brushing him off without hurting his immature little feelings.

I saw her blue eyes flicker up towards mine and she gave me a slight smiled, and I smirked as I watched her move around the desks. She didn’t seem to be interested in coming over here, which I was okay with considering she made me feel weird. It was best to keep distance from her, no matter how bad I desperately wanted to close it.

I looked up at Megan again, seeing her sorting through some things at her desk and looking a bit flustered. I wondered if I should try to break the ice in some way, and maybe loosen her up considering I knew she was shocked over me sitting in her classroom.

I was good at working under pressure.

I walked up to her desk, ruffling my hair as I shoved my hands in my front pockets, “Megan.”

She looked up and smiled even though I knew she felt quite awkward, “Sorry, about the name thing… I didn’t realize-”

I smiled, “It’s really not that big of a deal, really. I just don’t like my full name.”

She asked out of instinct, “Why’s that? It’s a beautiful name.”

I thought silently to myself, Because it’s my mother’s name, and I hate her.

I shrugged, “I just think Sam rolls off the tongue better.”

She smiled warmly, looking through her stacks of papers as she tried to hold conversation with me. I could feel it dying, which was something I was trying to prevent, but maybe she just didn’t want to talk to me.

She continued, “So you’re a junior I’m guessing?”

I scratched my head in embarrassment, knowing the truth was going to be spilt soon anyway. I shook my head, “Uh, no, senior. I failed this class my junior year.”

She looked up at me, and then looked back down at her papers, seeming a bit disappointed in me. I knew she liked history, but shit, not everyone enjoyed learning about some old dudes that built things out of wood and named cities after themselves.

Conceited bastards.

“Well, let’s make sure you pass this year.”

I smirked as her ice blue eyes locked with mine, and I watched her lean forward on her desk as she looked up at me. I could also see right down her shirt, which was quite a sight, and I realized I had stared a second too long, and she noticed.