22. Kiss me

I jerk my hand away quickly and send him a glare.

"You aren't sorry. Don't ever touch me." I say.

"Denver." He says quietly.

"Don't say my name when my sister will have your last name." I say with venom.

"This isn't what I wanted. I never wanted to hurt you. Everything is fucked up, okay? I never expected to feel this way about you." He says.

Ren meets my eyes before rushing at me and placing his hands on my face. Before I can speak he presses his lips against mine in a powerful kiss. His lips move roughly against mine and a small moan escapes my throat.

My head clears quickly and I push Ren back. Tears rush to my eyes and I try to catch my breath. Ren looks at me with panic in his eyes.

"I... That wasn't.." he stutters. I push by him and into my room. I shut the door quietly behind me and stare at myself in my floor length mirror.

Who am I? I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the kiss. In fact I loved it. It felt so right and now my heart is breaking. The flood gates behind my eyes open and I sob loudly.

My door opens and Ren steps inside and shuts it behind him. I must have forgotten to lock it. Fuck.
He steps closer to me and I sob louder.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't cry. Fuck, don't cry." He says in a quiet voice.

"Please leave." I say.

"I can't Denver. We need to talk about this." He says.

"What is there to talk about Ren? You're marrying my sister and I'm with Xavier. We can't keep having this conversation. I can't dance around the fact that it will never happen. You need to move on." I say forcefully.

"Everything you say is true. It hurts me a lot that it's true. I just want to be close to you. I think about you constantly and that kiss was the best kiss I've ever had." He says sadly.

"Please leave me alone." I say.

"I can't do that." He says quietly.

"Why?" I ask with a sudden burst of anger.

"Because I think I'm falling in love with you" He says.

My mouth drops open and I stare into Ren's eyes. He looks away from me and opens my bedroom door. He walks out and shuts it behind him.

I know it's short but I'm back! Hope you guys enjoy!