Chapter Five: This Burning Sensation

"Oh its you. What are you doing here Aido?" Eiko put up her brave front.

"There is no need for me to justify my actions. I do as I want." Aido's eyes were colder than normal.

"What... do you want?" Eiko's curiosity grew.

"That I don't know." Aido paused. "That's what makes me so angry!" In a furious rage he punched the tree causing Eiko to jump and yelp.

"What's wrong with you!?" Eiko stood from where she was sitting, Aido following her action.

"You! There is something about you. I just...It's...UG!"

"What!? Am I too annoying!? Do you not like the way my hair smells? Am I not pretty enough? Does my voice irate you?" Eiko grew enraged to discover that he was troubled with her yet she had only been at the academy for such a short time.

"No it's nothing like that!" Aido yelled back at her.

"Then what!?" Eiko stepped closer to Aido. "Oh I get it." She giggled a little, "you must want my blood, right?" She stepped closer, "that's it. You're thirsting for it right?"

"I always thirst for blood bu-"

"Well I have news for you! You aren't taking anyone else's blood on this campus ever again! I'll be sure to stop you!"

"Oh really?" Aido was too quick and slammed Eiko against the tree. Her long brown hair was now clutched in his hand and his body pinned her to the tree harder with every second. His free hand pressed next to her arm against the tree. Eiko was trapped.

"Wh-what are you doing!?"

"Shh... you said I thirsted for blood right? So I'm taking my share." He looked into her eyes then slowly trailed them down to her neck.

"No...you wouldn't" Eikos voice was now a barely audible whisper.

Aido's face came closer to Eiko's and he gazed deep into her eyes. His icy orbs into her emerald gems. Slowly he said "oh wouldn't I?

Aido slowly leaned in towards Eiko and tilted her head. Suddenly his lips were gently touching hers in sweet harmony. Eiko's eyes flashed in shock and she tried to push him off, but he was too strong and held her closer to him, his arms enclosing her in a tight embrace. Eiko's eyes slowly began to close and she continued to kiss Aido as she realized that she couldn't  escape his grasp.

Suddenly the kiss was interrupted by someone grabbing Aido and flinging him off of Eiko. Eiko's eyes popped open to see who had saved her from a very confusing situation. It had been Akatsuki Kain who had flung Aido from her. 

"Thanks..." She whispered shyly.

"What were you doing Hanabusa?" Akatsuki asked Aido, who was now red from anger and embarrassment .

"Nothing! What are you doing here anyways?!" Aido's voice was loud, almost to a point where it could be classified as a yell, or shout.

"You know it's against our laws as vampires to form a 'sensual' relationship with humans." Akatsuki's face was expressionless.

"What kind of relationship does Kaname have with Yuki then?!" Aido was still enraged.

Silence filled the air as Akatsuki and Aido shared the same stare towards each other, as if they were silently comunicating through their eyes. Eiko grew very uncomfortable in the situation and decided to speak. "Aido just so happened to slip and land on me. We were talking about his event last night and how he could control it, but then he lost his footing." Eiko scolded herself for helping him out, but she didn't want anyone to know that they had kissed.

"Hmm. Alright, let's go, Hanabusa" Akatsuki led the way and Aido followed soon after. Before he left he looked at Eiko with his cold blue eyes and had a strange look; almost to say that he was sorry, but he wasn't. It was distant, yet close. The look only lasted a short few seconds, yet they felt as if it was a millennium. Then he was gone.

"I hate vampires." Eiko whispered to herself.

She started to walk back to her dorm hoping that she wouldn't run into anymore trouble. As she slowly made her way back she noticed Zero on the way. As she walked closer she noticed that he hadn't saw her. Eiko decided that she was going to try and scare him (though probably not the smartest choice). As she crept closer and closer she noticed him take what looked like a...pill? It had came from a small black and red box.

"Hey Zero. Whatcha' doin'?" Eiko completely forgot about sneaking up on him, but he did jump upon hearing her voice.

Shuffling nervously, Eiko noticed him shoving the little red and black box into his coat pocket, "Oh hey...I was just about to leave. You can go back to your dorm now, it's getting late anyways."

"I was on my way now actually." She told him. "Catch ya later?"

"Yeah."

With that she parted ways from him and continued to go back to her dorm room. Zero was right about it getting late. Eiko's green eyes slowly grew heavier as she took each step.

"Almost there." She thought to herself.

It was the next morning and Eiko woke up, suprised that she even made it to her bed without passing out along the way. She drug her sleepy self out of bed and started to get ready for class. On her way out of her room she found Yuki and Yori, and when she caught up with them they invited her to sit with them during class. 

*** *** ***

"Man! I don't remember anything the teacher was talking about!" Eiko spirits sunk as she realized that she had been either half asleep, or even fully.

"It's okay you can borrow my notes...as soon as Yuki is done with them." A sweat dropped rolled from Yori at her friends irresponsibility. 

"Sorry! We just have to stay up so late for the disciplinary committee." Yuki tried to reasure her friend who seemed to be annoyed by her incompitence in class.

Yori was surprisingly okay with it though, "I know you work hard! It's fine I really don't mind if you need to borrow my notes. It's not that big of a deal. Now you better hurry up and get to the Night class gates, because I'm sure there will be a lot of girls there today. You know since it's valentines day."

 "IT IS?!" Eiko's green orbs became riddle with fear. "Oh no its going to be like a stampede!"

"Don't worry! I'm sure we can handle it!" Yuki reasurred Eiko.

"You're right! Let's hurry up and get down there!" Eiko said beginging to march, but then stopped when she realized that she had forgotten someting important.

"What's wrong Eiko?" Yori asked.

"Nothing I just forgot I too have chocolates to give...um someone...for appreciation of course! They helped me out and I just wanted to say thanks. 'Kay BYE!" And with that Eiko bolted back to her dorm room leaving Yori and Yuki bewildered. 

I'll also show you a sweet dream...Next night