Your Life Is A Dream. Mine Is A Nightmare. - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Falling Deeper

The world seemed at peace with the bright, exuberant, and sunny atmosphere as I woke up in the dawn of the early morning. The sunrise was welcoming the day with vibrant colors sending signals throughout the light blue morning sky. The red lights on my clock blared 6:30. There was nothing better to do so I just got up. As I opened my door the strong and awakening scent of coffee and cappuccinos burst through the air. That was a the main sign telling me my father was up and about. I hopped down the stairs, trying not to fall flat on my face.

"Chesa," My dad called from the kitchen, "Could you get the mail, please?"

"Sure thing!" I slipped on some old Hello Kitty sandals and walked out the door. There was a swift cool breeze which I didn't mind at all. I waltzed over to white mail box, opened it, peaking into it.

"Surprise!" Jared popped out of the bush.

"Ahh!" I screamed and almost fell back. "Jared what the heck are you doing here? You never wake up this early."

"Oh contrar," he said slyly.

"I'm guessing you fell asleep here," I crossed my arms, trying to make a point.

"Sorta," he scratched the back of his head. He looked terrible; hair all messy with leaves and branches stuck in it and t-shirt with mud splotches here and there, actually everywhere. Suddenly his stomach went off with a full blast growl, scaring the birds off of our roof.

I sighed, "Why don't you come in for breakfast, but then you gotta go home!" I practically snapped the last part because let me just say that Jared never listens to ANYONE, not even his parents. He counts "favors". So whenever his mom wants him to do like the laundry or something he'll mark it down, making sure that they owe him something. It's like he makes a business, even with his family. Sometimes I really don't understand him at all. But for some strange reason he never makes me or any of the girls owe him anything. I guess deep inside he's secretly a full grown gentlemen who honestly cares for the sake of others. It took all of my powers to keep my laugh imprisoned deep within me.

"Yup," was all he said as he put his hand in his pockets and went into the house.

"Geez," I sighed as I grabbed the pile of envelopes from the mail box. "Bill, bill, bill, letter from Grandma, bill....." I stared at a maroon colored envelope which read:

Ms. Chesa Heart

1123 Forever Drive

Kurayami Academy

1 Lost Drive

It didn't have a post stamp, so I guessed they just put it there last night or something. The thought of that chilled me to the bone. They knew my name,

but now they knew where I lived. I gulped. I quickly ran into the kitchen, but composed myself.

"Dad, can I talk to Jared upstairs first?" I politely asked.

"Um," He hesitated, "Sure," I gave him the mail that belonged to him, but I safely hid my envelope behind my back. I began to walk upstairs with Jared following close behind. We both got into the room and I locked the door. I turned around and surprisingly Jared was actually behaving. He was sitting on the bed.

"You probably wanted to talk about something. I can she the worried look on your face and you're hiding something behind your back," he pointed.

"Kurayami Academy sent me something," His showed no expression so I went on, "But it didn't have a post stamp so they probably came and put it in themselves," He still sat there listening intently, "I'm just worried that this'll affect my dad,"