16. Small

start song; trampoline by papooz (theyre so good i stg, go listen to 'ann likes to dance.')

Tyler's day of being little at school went about as well as he could imagine it would. It went bad which he wasn't necessarily aware of. In class luckily he was never alone but he couldn't concentrate at all.

Words were jumbled and nothing really made sense or seemed to stick. He couldn't even remember his schedule correctly so Ashley had become his escort for the day. He was lucky to have such a loving group of friends and they all knew he'd realize that once he was back to normal.

Tyler would be thanking them profusely.

Dallon had spent all morning trying to bring him to a state where he could actually function properly and talk to others but nothing had really been accomplished. It was unusual, Tyler couldn't get out of his little space, he seemed kind of stuck. It was like talking to a little kid if this little kid was actually 18 and a star basketball player who had a thing for stuffed animals and the occasional pacifier.

Tyler had actually started crying though, definitely not his proudest moment, but still he couldn't help himself. Dallon was scaring him and it's not like it was purposeful but still Tyler felt like all his friends were disappointed in him. He was sensitive when he was feeling small.

So he cried and they all comforted him with soft words, bone crushing hugs and the promise that he was the best boy in the world. Tyler believed it.

So now it was before last period and Tyler was leaning on Dallon as he coloured a picture of spider-man. He was no artist, he was colouring outside the lines. Mostly on purpose because he thought it looked cool but still he wasn't very good.

He had english after this and he was really excited to see Mr.Dun, he wanted to give him one of his drawings. His mind was cloudy and he wasn't as much confused as things were more so just all over the place.

For the most part he was doing good, he wasn't making a complete fool of himself but yeah, he was definitely getting some weird looks from his peers. He was unaware of this.

Dallon was aware of this, Dallon had to ask him to stop throwing paper airplanes at him half way through class. "Sweetie, stop throwing them okay? We don't wanna get in trouble." He'd said it softly, he really didn't want little Tyler to start crying again. That was not something he would ever be equipped to deal with.

When he'd said this Tyler had just become shy and nodded, Dallon's arm quickly becoming something for him to hug with his whole body. Their desks were pushed together, thank god. Dallon didn't know what he'd do if he wasn't sitting beside Tyler right now, that much was clear.

Tyler had never been little like this at school and originally they considered having him skip a few classes to protect him but they decided that they didn't know if Tyler would want that.

Collectively they were all doing the best they could in this weird and unlikely situation. Tyler was priority number 1 at the moment, like he usually was and between Ashley, Dallon and Brendon, not one of them minded being put in this position. They loved him too much to care about the small compromises they made for him during their day to day life.

He was important to them all and they made sure that Tyler knew this.

This was just another one of their gestures that proved this. They'd never leave him when he needed them most.

*

Brendon didn't want Tyler to be mad at him, he didn't want him to hate him but he also needed him to be safe in english class. He needed someone to look out for him. That's all he ever wanted for his best friend, he just wanted to protect him from all the bad things in the world and sometimes that included him having someone to watch over him when he couldn't.