12.Groceries

Start song: maybe i will, maybe I won't by the young veins

*

Weekends were the only time Tyler got to be little.

Brendon would invite him over most of the time, especially if his parents were out of town.

It had become a routine over the past year, they'd always planned out safe times for him to regress in.

Dallon and Ashley invited him over too but their parents were home most of the time and Tyler wasn't comfortable being regressed around other's, so he only went over was when he wasn't feeling little. He always found more comfort at Brendon's anyways.

Today he wasn't little, his headspace was cloudy and he was home alone with his mom. For once, he wasn't feeling like he could tip edge into little space at any second.

He was comfortable, headphones stuck in his ears as he flipped through his math textbook. It was passed lunch and he was still lounging around in his pyjamas and a hoodie. He had no plans, he didn't want to do anything. After an exhausting week it was nice to have time to himself.

"Tyler."

No acknowledgement, he turned up the volume of his music until she stepped into his room more, just a small step, heels digging into his carpet. His mom could never let him have a day off.

She sighed worriedly and he didn't even have to look up to see the slight disappointment on her face. She always wanted him to be doing something, specifically basketball, math wasn't as important.

"Honey?"

Tyler frowned, rolling over into his stomach so he could see her properly instead of using his peripheral vision. She was leaning a hand against his door frame, tapping her fingers gently. Her nails had been done recently, a manicure of some sort and when she tapped them like she was doing, it was annoying.

"Yeah?" He asked.

His mother sighed. "I'm going out for a meeting, there's some cash on the dining room table and a list of groceries I'm gonna need you to get before dinner." She was leaving again, Tyler didn't really mind.

He tilted his head, staring at her. "Are you not taking the car?"

She shook her head. "No, no, I'm being picked up."

Tyler glared at her suspiciously. "Where are the keys?"

"In my purse, I'll leave them on the dining room table before I go."

He smiled. "Cool." And his mom only nodded, heading out of view. She was back moments later though, poking her head in the doorway, blonde hair swiping to the side, she squinted at him.

"And don't buy any junk food, I know how you are."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "I won't."

*

It took Tyler an hour to get out of bed and another hour to get ready. He left in his pyjamas, a big sweater and baggy pyjama pants with reindeer all over them. They had been a Christmas gift.

He was tired, his body hurt and leaving the house was a pain. It wasn't often that he actually had to do much for the family though, he did have to do chores but that was only every second week and it wasn't anything major. It was rare that his mom ever asked him to do anything. Even though she knew that he'd do whatever she asked him to solely because he wanted her to be happy with him. He just didn't want to disappoint her like he always felt he did.