Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Daniel's POV

I stomp down the stairs with the youngest in my arms. "Be quiet, if I hear one thing from you besides yes ma'am or yes sir, I'll put you in storage." I hiss at the squirming Louise.

She instantly stops at stares at me with eyes as large as saucers.

"Daniel? Is that your cousin? She looks a little young." Bailey says quickly, I could tell she was panicked.

"Oh, uh I mean't niece, she saw a spider upstairs." I say, it seemed like an okay cover story.

"Oh, okay, but why is she wearing that? It's a little old fashioned." She pries staring at Louise.

"She likes dressing up." I say blankly and Bailey walks up to Louise.

"Hey sweetheart, you like dressing up huh?" She asks sweetly, smiling kindly.

"Yes ma'am." Louise responds, not returning Bailey's smile. "You don't have to call me ma'am, you can call me Bailey. If you want."

"Yes ma'am."

"I'll go ahead and let her go back to, uh, playing." I say quickly, anything to get out of the situation.

"Can't she stay longer? She's positively adorable!" Bailey coos smiling at Louise.

"She's tired." I say plainly and stalk up the stairs. I ignore Bailey's pained expression.

As I open up the trap door I can hear Elizabeth practically yelp with joy at seeing Louise. She instantly charges for Louise grabbing her from me.

For some reason, it really pissed me off.

"You don't grab things from me you disgusting little Bitch!" I yell and she backs up, she was fighting tears as she ran down the hall.

Katherine stares at me with frightened eyes, they were basically her normal look since I brought her home, almost 2 years ago.

"If she does anything else to disrespect me, I'll dismantle Louise and put her in storage in front of her." I threaten and Katherine gasps at me.

"But, papa! You couldn't do that! She's a little girl, she hasn't done anything!" She practically begs.

"Then keep Elizabeth in line." I growl and she quickly nods, cowering into the couch cushions.

I stomp back down the stairs to a pacing Bailey.

"What's wrong?"

---

Bailey's POV

"Daniel we need to talk." I say, not answering his question.

He face flushes and I ignore his silence.

"I don't think that's your niece, I think your brother or sister kidnapped her! That's the little girl on the news and tabloids!" I cry and his jaw drops.

"It can't be her, I was there on, uh, during her birth. She's my niece. Mine." He says, he seemed unsure with his answer.

"Okay, whatever, I'm sorry. I'm just paranoid." I say biting my lip and sitting back on the comfortable couch.

My mind goes back to Cole's terrified face during the scream. He said he knew that scream, he was looking for his girlfriend. I think he was looking for her sister too.

He knew that scream. And now, so did I.

I needed to give the police this address. They had to inspect upstairs.

"Daniel, I think I'm going to go home. Okay?" I say, getting up and grabbing my purse.

He rushes over to me and grabs my arm. "Please no, not yet. Would you like to see upstairs? You never saw the doll house." He pressures pulling my arm.

"No, I'm sorry. I promised Sydney I would be back." I lie trying to pull from his grip.

His face falls, "Who's Sydney?"

"She's my roommate, I have to, um, cook dinner for her." I say lying again and he lets my arm go.

"Okay, see you soon." He says sweetly and pulls me close. I hold my breath as he presses his lips to mine.

Strangely, I barely felt anything as he kissed me. Nothing but the breath coming out of his nose.

I pull away, "Goodbye Daniel." I say, smiling with a false sense of sweetness.

I knew something was wrong.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry, I know it shorter!

But Bailey is getting suspicious!!!!!!!!

Will she catch him?

We will never know!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment Share and Vote!