Chapter 2

Jesse and Ivor left town to go back to the orphanage that Jesse grew up in. They ran into Lukas on the way, and the young architect insisted that he go with them. Jesse knew there was no point in arguing with him, so she told him to come along. They left town and asked Soren's friend, Emerald if they could borrow three of her horses and head off to another town.

"Just bring them back when you're done. Be careful with Jet and Storm though. Jet likes to go fast, and Storm has been trying to be an escape artist. Luckily, Wave's the smartest of these guys, and she won't disobey you. She'll help you if these two cause trouble," said Emerald.

"We'll bring them back. Thank you," said Jesse.

She and Lukas got on top of two houses. While Ivor got on his horse, he told Emerald, "So, you and Soren?" with a grin.

"Get on my horse and get going before I make you..." Emerald growled at him.

"Alright, come on Ivor..." Jesse said with a sigh.

She, Lukas, and Ivor set off to head to the next town. As they headed to the next town, they started to talk.

"When are you going to stop teasing Soren and Emerald, Ivor?" Lukas asked him with an irritated look.

"When they finally admit it. And you were grinning when you first saw them together," said Ivor.

"Yeah, well, I don't find it funny anymore..." said Lukas.

Jesse didn't pay attention to their bickering. She only focused on what she was going to say to the lady who raised her.

"Jesse, you okay?" Lukas asked her.

"Yeah. Just... thinking about things..." she said.

"So... you were raised in an orphanage?" asked Lukas.

"Yes. The lady who ran it, Mrs. Summers, never told me anything about my parents. I don't even remember when I was dropped off there. She told me I was there since I was a baby, and for some reason, she never let anyone adopt me..." said Jesse.

"Never let anyone adopt you? So you were stuck there for your whole childhood? You never grew up in a real house?" asked Ivor.

"She practically raised me, but I could never see her as a mother. When I was fifteen, I left the orphanage because I couldn't stand being trapped there. Mrs. Summers tried to stop me, but eventually, she let me go, with a warning to be careful. I left the orphanage and after meeting Reuben, Axel, and Olivia, I built my own tree house. And now, here I am today, as the leader of our group," said Jesse.

"That's got to be rough. I wish I understood how you felt. I lived with my parents until I was thirteen. I left them to start being on my own, eventually meeting Aiden, Maya, and Gill," said Lukas.

"I left my parents as well, when I was the same age as you, Lukas. I couldn't make any friends because of my growing skills as an enchanter. My parents wanted what was best for me, so they told me to go on a journey, and I eventually met Soren, Magnus, Ellegaard, and Gabriel," said Ivor.

Jesse felt a little jealous of Lukas and Ivor. They knew their parents and grew up in a home with their parents. Compared to her, she never knew anyone in her family, and had to live in an orphanage with basically no one to call family.

They made it to the town that Jesse used to live in. It looked a little bit older, and some people there at first didn't recognize Jesse and Lukas from the new Order of the Stone. A few people did put two and two together and greeted them.