Chapter 14

It was Zendaya's last night at the press tour and her and Tom were in his hotel room.

They were slow dancing to an old Brandy song.
"You know Laura likes you," Zendaya says and Tom twirls her around.

"Yeah I know," he said and Zendaya looks at him shocked.

"You do?" She says shocked.
"Yeah, and it makes me uncomfortable," he says and Zendaya smiles at this.

"If she tried anything you tell me," she says.
"She's our friend Z...let's just tell her," Tom says.
"What if she wants revenge on us and tells the world," Zendaya says.

"Would that be so bad?" He said throwing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes towards his bed.
"Thomas!" She laughed when he dropped her on his big bed.

The sheets under her felt silk and the atmosphere felt safe. She felt safe with him.
"Stop staring at me like that," she said sitting pushing herself up with her elbows.
"Will I?" He starts kissing her neck.

She knew this was gonna happen the moment she stepped into the room, but the realness of the situation only actually struck her when he grabbed a condom from his jeans on the floor and he looked at her and asked the eye opening question.

"Z are you sure?" He said and she froze. Was she sure!?

That night was a blur of ecstasy. The night made her realize that she loved him and she told him that and he said it back.

The next morning was bitter sweet for them because they had to say goodbye and depart onto two separate planes.

"Zendaya you good?" Darnell said once they got settled on the plane.

"Yeah," she says with a huge smile on her face.
She trusted Tom alone with Laura, heck, she told the man she loved him, but she can't help but feel sad, but she can't show Darnell that, that's why she smiled.

"Zendaya you're scaring me," Darnell says placing the back of his hand on her forehead pretending to feel if she had a fever.

"Darneesha I'm fine. I'm in love that's all," she says starting to hum 'Bottle you up' one of her songs.

"Go to sleep," he says putting his neck pillow around his neck and Z did the same and when she leaned back she let the silent tears roll down her cheeks. She was already missing her boyfriend.

She quickly turned her head so that Darnell doesn't see the tears running down her cheeks. This was gonna be a long month.

It was already their second week of the second half of the press tour and Laura decided that she was going to finally make her move.

Her and Tom were alone tonight because they were planning on watching a movie so this was perfect.

Once she noticed Zendaya totally stopped crushing on him she started to noticed her feelings. He was just so nice and such a great person.
"Okay so what are we watching?" He sat down next to me on his bed.

"Well Tom actually I wanted to talk to you about something-"

All of a sudden Tom's phone rang.
"Oh it's Zendaya...do you mind?" She fake smiles and nodded. He answered the phone and Zendaya's face filled up his phone screen.
"Hey Z-"

"I miss you!!" she cut him off and Laura froze.

"Laura's here..." he says.

"Oh hey Laura how you doing girl!?" she said.
"Hey Zendaya..." Laura says.
"Look I just wanted to call in and say hey," she said.
"Zendeesha get your butt off of your phone COME ON!" Darnell says.

"Okay, bye bye guys," she hung up the call and their all alone again.

"You wanted to say?"
"Tom...I-I like you," she says and it became quiet.

The tension was thick in the room then he broke the silence.
"Zendaya and I are dating..." he says and Laura freezes.

"Oh...oh okay," she gets up.

"Laura please don't leave like this," she stops and turned to him. She felt numb.

"What is left to say Tom. You're with Zendaya nothing can change that I get it. I feel so foolish right now," she turns and runs away.

Laura ran streight to Jacobs room. She knocked on his door and he immediately opened it.
"Hey-"
"Did you know!?" She says angry.
"About what?" He asked clueless.
"About Zendaya and Tom?" She asked.
"Yeah..." he said.

She chuckled in disbelief.
"And you didn't warn me!?" She says and storms away.

When she got to her room she slumped on her bed and cried. She felt like a fool. She really liked Tom, but how could she not see the obvious! It was so clear as daylight and it wasn't like Zendaya to not go after what she wants.

Laura got dressed in her pjs and went into a dream less sleep.