04 | Care To Have Those Hellhounds Gift-Wrapped?

Chapter 04 | Care To Have Those Hellhounds Gift-Wrapped?

PERHAPS, GOING FOR A NIGHT WALK could be the best decision I ever made tonight. I got carried away with researching at the motel, that eating dinner slipped out of my mind. I know, I know, how could a foodie like me forget to eat dinner? I was too absorbed with the lore. Plus, It's not like any hunter would be able to get a decent meal each day. Being able to eat three meals a day, is actually a luxury.

Let's not forget about the beers of bottle in my hands that I have downed on.

It's almost midnight and the streets are deserted with dim street-lamps illuminating each corner of the street.

The eerie silence caressed my fair skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing my soul, taking tiredness away from me. On this dark, silent night, only the clicking of my heels on the cemented sidewalk could be heard.

A sudden, ear-piercing scream rings in my head and my heart starts to beat rapidly. Yes, what I'm experiencing right now sounds like something that walked out from a movie. I find myself instinctively running to the source of the scream.   It was hard to find the source, as all houses in the neighbourhood looked exactly the same.

Seriously though, doee someone ever accidentally walk into the wrong house and say, 'oh shit, sorry. your house looks just like mine, so..' 

With those thoughts lingering in my head, I see a house with its front door, slightly ajar. Jackpot! You don't leave your door open at night, do you? I run up the porch and analyse the door knob, the lock is broken- a break in?

A special person must be paying a visit then.

I shook my head, entering the house
The house was dark, and quiet, and that got me thinking that the scream didn't come from here.

The scream couldn't be my imagination, could It? I mean, it was as blood-curling as Tommy Benson's singing voice from second grade. No one in our class could ever forget his voice, because he sounded like a hyena screeching.

I'm about to wad out the house when I don't see anything suspicious , close the door, and pretend that I didn't casually break in when I hear glass shattering.

Animal-like growls and shouts. "Hurry, Jen! Get in the salt circle!"

I follow the cries quickly through the hallway once more. I burst open a door to see a window crashed, and its little fragments of glass are spread out on the floor and could harm anyone if that person didn't pay attention to where he/she was going. Two men come to my field of vision. They were crouching down, groaning. Their duo's built looked slightly familiar...no, very familiar. I squint my eyes to get a better look, and BAM! There they are again! Let Houdini do the work to have them appear wherever I go.

"Sam! Dean!"

The latter's head whip to me and his green eyes widen in surprise whilst Sam is now unconscious on the floor. My eyes immediately trail to Dean's gashed leg, oozing with blood. His eyes are in panic, but he doesn't say anything. His mouth is slightly open and he holds unto the couch nearby for support and tries to stand up. But his knees weaken and slumps back down on the floor. "Dammit!!" He punches the wall in frustration.

I gather this boy likes to punch walls.

It felt like a low growling was just beside me, but when I spun around, I saw nothing. A blonde stands weakly inside the salt circle, knees clanking together like silver spoons, with tears running down like and endless waterfall. With a gust of wind from the open windows, the salt slowly starts to disperse until the line has completely disappeared. I take a deep breath, knowing it was time to take action. I pull put the glasses dipped with Holy Oil from my back pocket and quickly put it on. I cracked my knuckles with a smirk, "time to get shit done."

I decided to do the first move and advance on the hellhound. It was caught off gaurd so i managed to scratch him. But that was barely enough to get the pooch slowing down. It growls, sounding angered. I could see how its' fangs are all snarled up, turning it's attention on me. I position myself into stance and do a 'come here' motion with my hands, shouting, "Come on, boy! Attack!"

It charges for me as I glide to the side, slashing the knife which the hellhound dodged. I took this chance and advanced on him, tackling it down under my force, and sliced its' deep on the belly. The hellhound whimpers and I pull the knife out dramatically, making its black blood come splattering out.

Someone remind me why i decided to wear a white shirt.

Silence takes over the room as the dead creature lies lifelessly on the floor. But this is too easy. Boring, even. This needs a lil excitement. I think I'll go for the theatrics.

"Give Crowley my regards."  Swinging my leg back, I put all my strength and boot the hellhound. it goes flying crashing straight to the wall. I can't help but smirk when the walls crack a bit from the impact.

I turn to see Dean and Sam, who has now awaken, staring at me with their mouths wide open.

"Hello, boys."

x x x