Chapter Fourteen: Journey of Jake the Inhuman

Jake sat at the bar and drank down his fifth bottle of beer.

    "Hey buddy? You're pounding down those drinks there," the bartender replied.

    "I just had an argument with my girlfriend," Jake said.

    "Oh. Are you two-?" the bartender asked.

    "I don't know. I hope not. She's having my baby," Jake answered.

    "Oh. Well, hopefully, you'll get back together," the bartender said before walking off.

    Jake sighed and reached for another one. Just then, a perky blonde sat in the seat next to him.

    "So you got dumped?" the girl asked.

    Instead of brushing the girl off, he shrugged and kept on drinking.

    "Well, it's going to be okay. I've been dumped plenty of boys before but I just got back up and dated again," The girl said.

    "You're a girl. I'm a guy. It's different," Jake replied.

    "How so?" The girl asked in a flirty tone.

    "It just is. Normally, guys are the ones who do that. She-she tore my heart apart. I deserved it too. I told her that she was a cheater," Jake said.

    "You are horrible. That's the worst thing to tell a girl besides the word fat. But don't worry," The girl said.

    "Why not?" Jake asked.

    "Maybe I can reform you," The girl replied.

    The girl leaned over and kissed Jake. At first, Jake didn't let go. Instead, he pretended it was Terra but when he opened his eyes, it wasn't Terra. It was the girl. He quickly let go and washed his mouth out with beer.

    "What happened?" The girl asked.

     "It's not supposed to be you. It's Terra. Only Terra. I'm going back," Jake said, standing up with his beer bottle.

     "What?" The girl asked.

     But Jake was already out of the door. He was running as fast as he could.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Terra's P.O.V

      Terra stood at the door, waiting for him to show up. It had been forever.

      Just then, there was a knock on the door and Terra answered. It was Thomas.

     "You called?" Thomas asked.

     "Yeah. I need somewhere to stay. I can't stay at my house," Terra said, bags in hand.

     "Do you have your bags?" Thomas asked.

     "Yeah. Let's just go," Terra said.

     They walked out of Terra's house and as she locked the door, there were fast and hurried footsteps.

     "Terra!" a familiar voice called.

     Terra turned and saw Jake running. But he stopped short when he saw Thomas.

     "I'm staying over by Thomas, you know for a break," Terra replied.

     "But...I'm sorry. Please don't go," Jake said.

     "I need space," Terra said, "You don't think it hurts me? I just need time."

     "I apologize. I don't want to hurt you," Jake replied.

    "I can't," Terra said.

    And that's when Jake threw the first blow.