Chapter One:Jake Roche

2 days later...

    Terra sat on her couch, watching the latest new episode of The Young & The Restless. And no she did not have a box of chocolates. Instead, she had a large bucket of Cookies & Creme ice cream. As some dramatic incident that Terra didn't care to see happened, she took a spoon and stuffed her face and watched as the couple proceeded to make out.

    Terra, realizing that she had had enough, turned the tv off and stared at the ceiling. How could her life turn into this? A nothingness? She hadn't taken a shower in two days and the house was getting filthy. She had to get out. This was just ridiculous.

    Of course, she took a shower and changed into a sweat shirt and jeans. Then, she grabbed her house keys and left.

--------------------------------------------------

    Arriving at Angel Coffeehouse (her favorite place to get coffee), Terra went in line and stood there. As she surveyed the menu and was thirsty for hot chocolate, she could hear faint singing. That was slightly unusual.

    "May I take your order?"the girl at the front asked.

    "Yeah. I'll have a hot chocolate with a Danish," Terra answered.

    As she took out her wallet, Terra looked outside and saw a handsome guy. He appeared to be standing behind a hat on the ground and singing to the very top of his lungs.

    "Who's the guy in front of your shop?"Terra asked nonchalantly as she took out a $10 bill.

    "Oh him? He's Jake Roche. He always sings out there to get money,"the girl answered.

    Terra nodded and thanked the girl as she handed Terra her stuff. She opened the door and saw the boy singing his heart out.

     "All I need is a little love in my life. All I need is a little love in the daaark. A little but I'm hoping it might kick start. Me and my broken heart. I need a loving tonight. Hold me so I'm not falling apaart. A little but I'm hoping it might kick start. Me and my broken heart,"The boy sang.

     Terra smiled and took out change from her wallet. She placed it in the hat and continued walking.

     "Wait!"The boy called.

     Terra turned around, chewing on a big chunk of Danish.

     "You were the first person to give me such a big amount,"the boy said.

     "What?"Terra asked, mouth full of pastry.

     "That means I shall treat you to an honorary song,"The boy answered.

     "Me? Oh no. That's not necessary,"Terra said.

    "C'mon please. It's not like I have anything else to do,"The boy begged.

    "Ok. But one song,"Terra replied.

    "So take my hand and make it easy for me cuz it's been hard enough just watching you tonight. I don't wanna hear your reasons baby. We all want the same thing.  We all want the same thing,"The boy began to sing.

    Terra just stood there, avoiding the stares of people around her.

    "Girl, what's your name? You got me wrapped up tight around your finger. I chase you down, you disappear. I wish you could tell me what I wanna hear. All I wanna hear is you wanna get down. Now I want you to prove it, right here on the couch.  All I wanna do is get you to myself, get get you to myself, can't have nobody else," the boy sang.

    "So take my hand and make it easy for me cuz it's been hard enough just watching you tonight. I don't wanna hear your reasons baby. We all want the same thing.  We all want the same thing,"The boy ended.

    (Quick author's note: That's from Rixton's song 'We All Want The Same Thing')

    Terra smiled and clapped before saying,"Nice song. Did you make it up yourself?"

     "10 seconds ago, actually. I wanted to impress you,"The boy answered.

     Uh-oh. Terra saw where this was headed.

     "Look...,"Terra said, trying to remember his name.

     "Jake,"the boy answered.

     "Jake. I'm sure you're really nice and quite the ladies man but I just got in a breakup. Like two days ago,"Terra replied.

     "The guy must've been a real jerk,"Jake said.

    "Class A jerk. Anyways, if we can, I hope we can be friends. Thank you for the song, though," Terra said.

    Jake smiled a genuine grin. He stood up and took out a pen. Terra looked at the pen cautiously. Was he gonna stab her with it?

    He grabbed her hand and wrote on her hand. His touch felt tingly and weird on her hand. When he let go, she saw his number and name.

       537-426-8042

                Jake Roche

     Terra looked at him in confusion.

     "So that way we can talk and become friends. Maybe we can talk about ways to beat up your class A jerk ex boyfriend,"Jake explained.

     "Wonderful,"Terra agreed.

     And with that, Terra walked off and Jake just stood there, watching her go. He knew that she was the one.