Chapter Three: Songs and Cigarettes

Terra and Jake were in the same bed, with only a blanket covering them.

    "What do you want to do today?"Terra asked, staring up at the ceiling.

    "I don't know. I feel like singing while smoking a cigarette,"Jake answered, staring at the same ceiling.

    "How could anyone do that?"Terra asked.

    "It's easy. Maybe I'll show you sometime,"Jake answered.

    "No, how about you show me now,"Terra challenged.

    "Deal,"Jake agreed.

    After dressing (of course), Terra sat in front of Jake as he had a cigarette in his mouth and a guitar on his lap.

    "Light me up, please,"Jake requested.

    Terra took a lighter from her pocket and lit the cigarette butt.

    "Alright. Here goes nothing,"Jake said.

    He started strumming and Terra smiled.

    "If I could live forever then I don't know what I'd do. Forgot just what I meant to say but I'm still in love with you. The future sounds boring  without the one you love. So while we're here and here and then, can we have some fun? Let's make out,"Jake sang.

    Terra smiled. A song about making out. That seems so relative right about now.

    "See? Didn't I tell you I could do it?"Jake said.

    "Yep. I can't believe it,"Terra agreed.

    "You want one?"Jake asked.

    "Um. I don't smoke,"Terra answered.

    "C'mon. It's just one,"Jake persuaded.

    Terra took the cigarette out of his mouth and took an inhale. It filled her lungs and then quickly exited, resulting in a coughing fit.

    "You really don't smoke,"Jake replied.

    "Yeah,"Terra agreed.

    Jake laughed for a second.

    "Alright. So now that we've accomplished that, wanna go out?"Terra asked.

    "Of course,"Jake agreed.