Chapter Thirteen: Accidental Argument

Terra stared out of her window a couple days later and sighed. The sky was gray and gloomy, kind of like Terra's mood right now. She loved Jake like crazy but ever since the day that Thomas came over with the money, he had been more distant around Terra and didn't even talk as much. It was going to drive Terra up the wall.

   Speaking of Jake, he walked into the room and saw Terra sitting in front of the window.

   "What happened, Terra?" Jake asked.

   "I just have a couple of concerns. That's all," Terra answered.

   "What concerns?" Jake asked.

   "Like...I don't know where we stand," Terra answered.

   "What do you mean by where we stand?" Jake asked.

   "Ever since the day that Thomas came over, it seems like you became more distant and you don't talk to me," Terra answered.

   "That's not my fault. It's just that-," Jake replied.

   "It's just that what? See? This is exactly what I'm talking about! You don't understand," Terra said.

   "I don't understand? Try walking in my shoes. It's not exactly easy to see your girlfriend's ex give her hundreds of dollars while you can't do anything. It isn't exactly fun," Jake replied.

   "I tried to give it back but he wouldn't let me. So I took it. Just deal with it," Terra said.

   "You know what? I don't think I can. I also don't think that the baby is mine. It could be Thomas's and you were just lying to me. There. I aired it all out," Jake said.

    Terra stood up slowly, the anger building up.

    "Maybe you're right. Since this is Thomas's baby, get the fuck out," Terra said.

    "Terra, I'm-," Jake began.

    "Get out!" Terra exclaimed, opening the front door and pushing Jake out.

    He gave her one last look before she shut the door in his face. She leaned against the door and slid down until she reached the floor. Then, she cried.