CHAPTER 3: "I Feel Like The Destiny Is Taking Us There."

Start from the beginning

"Like. I feel like the destiny is taking us there because something good is going to happen to you." She said as I let out a chuckle.

"Mom, what else is going to happen other then I'm going to have to work hard to earn enough money to feed us both?"

"Don't say that dear. Everything will get better." She caressed my back, lovingly as I forced a tight smile.

••••

New York 6 O'clock in the evening: 6th January 2018

Ira D'Souza

The security guard opened the huge gates of our mansion and Nathan drove us inside. As soon as he parked the car in front of our driveway, I became numb. I was finally home. Home that I have lived in ever since I was small, home where I have created so many amazing memories. I missed this place so much in these years.

I looked out through the car's window and realised that nothing about the  mansion's exterior had changed. But I liked it this way. Very nostalgic.

I was brought out of my thoughts with the click of the car door

I was brought out of my thoughts with the click of the car door. I looked up to see Nathan standing there. 

"Mom and Dad are waiting." He smiled and forwarded his hand out for me to take. I returned the smile and placed my hand into his and stepped out of the car as he closed the door behind me. I noticed that Siya and Ahan had already got down the car.

"Let's go." 

I nodded and we made our way near the massive door of our mansion. Nathan punched in the password and the door suddenly slid open. 

"The password is the same, right?" I asked as he let out a chuckle. 

"Of course, even Ahan and Siya knows it." He said as they both stifled a chuckle, too.

"Ira!" I suddenly freezed in my place hearing the voice. It was the voice I was waiting to hear for ages. I looked around to see that Nathan, Siya and Ahan were already looking in the direction from where the voice had come from. I also turned around and I could feel my eyes immediately become glassy seeing the two people I was waiting to see all day.

Mom and Dad.

I stepped inside the mansion and made slow steps towards them. I could already see Mom crying. 

"Mom," My voice was barely audible as I reached over to her and instantly pulled her into a warm hug. She also pulled me closer and wrapped her arms around me tightly as I started crying.

"Mom. How are you?" I couldn't stop crying. I'm seeing her after 4 years. 4 long years.

She caressed my hair lovingly as we stayed there for a long time.