「 e l e v e n 」

It has been a solid two weeks since they last communicate with one another and Ashton is trying to stick with his words. It's not like Luke cares about him and is glad to have him gone. Then again, does he even care about anything?

Phoebe suggested that they hangout so Ashton can talk about this with her and get her opinion on this. Which he thought was great since he likes to be around her and she doesn't hate people; he believes it's easier to talk to her than Calum and Michael.

She suggested to eat at the local pizzeria since she likes their pizza. Ashton thought it is a great idea since he doesn't recall the last time he hate pizza, maybe it was the night he moved to Perth. He also thought it is a nice treat from Phoebe to do something like this.

They enter the pizzeria and is welcome with the aroma of dough and pizzas cooking in the oven. A comfortable smile grew on his lips as they went to find a seat.

"Are you picky about your toppings?"

"Nope, I like a lot of things on pizza." he respond as they look at the same menu and they choose what kind of pizza they want. It didn't take long for them to decide as they went to order.

"I have a question Ashton." she said suddenly after the waitress took their order.

"Um...what is it?"

"Do you like him?"

"Who?"

"Luke. Do you like Luke?" she ask and patiently waits as she take a sip of her drink.

He doesn't say anything as his eyes trail to the straw that is floating in his drink. It's something he doesn't want to talk about since it's rare for anyone to develop a crush when a person haven't found their soulmate.

All he did was shrug as he does not want the topic to affect him. He admits that it's stupid to be upset over but he hates being yelled at, especially when he's trying to help someone. Ashton does regret saying that he was a waste of time since now Luke would think that way about himself. All Ashton wants was for Luke to make a friend. Or for him to be his friend.

"I did...well, I still do. Now I feel bad for saying that to him and if I ever try to talk to him, he won't respond. Then again, does he even care about anything?"

"Yeah, but you shouldn't give up! What if he's your soulmate–"

"Whoa," he interrupts her. "he hates me, he said that I was annoying. There's no possible way that he could be my soulmate! It's physically impossible to know who's your soulmate is before the age that's on your wrist!"

"It's just a possibility Ashton. Yeah he thinks you're annoying, but he might be grateful that someone is willing to talk to him and try to get him out of his comfort zone." she said.

He doesn't say anything, but he excuses himself to go use the restroom. After he finish doing his business a couple minutes later, he exits the restroom and saw Luke walking in with a car key in his hand and wearing the pizzeria uniform.

Ashton stops in his track and stares at him and that was when Luke glance at him. The brunette ignores the dirty blonde and head straight to the kitchen.

Ashton head back to his seat as Phoebe is on her phone when he pipe up, "Luke works here!"

"Yeah I know." she casually respond as she continues to scroll through her phone.

"You know!"

"Yes, I was also hoping that you two would talk to each other."

"He doesn't talk, and he literally ignored me. There's no way he will talk to me. Plus, he's at work and I don't want him to get fired."

"Alright, talk when he isn't busy or at school."

Ashton is going to do it. He's going to talk to Luke again and he's not going to continue being petty about this. Sure the brunette isn't going to say anything because he doesn't like Ashton.

He's going to.

He went to sit at Luke's table at lunch the following week. The dirty blonde swear he saw a wave of shock rest on his face for a few seconds before returning back to his regular glare.

A moment of silence slip by as Ashton doesn't know what to say, he felt himself start to sweat.

"I thought you weren't going to waste your time on me anymore." Luke retort as he gives Ashton his cold glare.

"I came here to apologise for what I said. I hate saying negative things about people and I know you don't care because you don't care about anything. Hopefully one day we can be friends. Or at least have you talking a little more." Ashton genuinely apologies, although he knows that Luke doesn't care.

The brunette doesn't say anything in response, so Ashton took into consideration that he should leave. As he was about to leave the table, he heard him say 'wait'.

He stop in his track and turn to look at the brunette and saw something shimmer in his eyes before it disappeared.

"I don't understand why people would go and say something when they were angry and later apologise for it. People always tell the truth when they are mad, so technically you actually are wasting your time on me." Luke state nonchalantly. In Ashton's defense, he is surprised that the teen isn't mad. The dirty blonde didn't know that is true.

"That's why people apologise for it...sometimes." Ashton respond as he went to sit back down at the table.

"People always ask for the truth, yet when they do, they dislike it."

"That isn't a problem with you. You always speak your mind because you're angry all the time."

Luke nods before responding, "You're right on that one."

"Why are you angry all the time?"

"I have my reasons to be. I'm leaving it there."

"Alright." Ashton nods. "Anyways, I was here to apologise for saying that. I don't want you to hate me, but I think you do anyways."

"Ashton," the brunette pause. "don't take this personally, but I don't like anyone."

The dirty blonde's eyes widen because this is the first time he has ever heard Luke say his name!

"Fair enough." he said and silence fell upon them.

He stares at him and felt at ease for apologising to Luke. He might not said anything about it, but it still feels great. Ashton is surprised that Luke isn't moody today and he hope that it last long. Or it's probably going to disappear tomorrow when lunch is around.

Luke's mood is predictable yet it can be unpredictable. But he doesn't want Luke's mood to affect him and he feels that they are going on the right track; slowly but surely.

Ashton doesn't care how long it will take because he knows it will be worth it in the end. He doesn't want him to be alone for the rest of his life; sure Luke will have his soulmate, but he doesn't want Luke to not have friends. Bad enough the brunette probably grew up without having friends around.

He's going to change that whether Luke likes it or not.

_______

Hey sorry for not updating for awhile. It's getting harder for me to write as I don't have motivation nor ideas. Plus I'm busy with school and I want you guys to enjoy this story!!

I hope you enjoyed it!

[2/11/18]