Chapter 1💛

Nine-year-old Kim Nam Joon walked down the road, sucking on a lollipop. It was a Saturday so there was no school. And he didn't want to stay home.

He walked on the sidewalk keeping his head down. His beanie covered his hair and his tiny fingers peeped beneath the huge jacket he wore. When he realised, he was sucking on the stick of the lollipop, he took it out from his mouth and threw it in a nearby dustbin.

That's when he saw it. The most marvellous skating board ever. 

It was black and had designs of fire drawn on it. The words SKULL formed a logo on one side. It was a SKULL BOARD. He kept his little hands on the glass and stared at it with wide eyes.

"WOAH!"

He heard a tiny voice beside him. A little boy with jet black hair and plump cheeks was staring at it too. The little boy ran into the store suddenly.

Next thing Joon saw was his skating board being taken away. The little boy came out if the shop holding it in his hand.

I saw it first. He thought. And now it's his.

Joon sighed.

But he couldn't do anything about it. His little hands moved around the tiny empty space in his jean pockets. He hung his head even lower than before.

"You like skating, don't you?"

He heard a voice ask. He raised his head and saw the little boy looking at him.

"I have seen you at the Bowl many times," the boy continued.

"Do you want to come?"

Joon thought about it. This boy barely knows him. Why would he invite him?

"I'll let you play with it," the boy said shaking the Skull Board.

SOLD!

Joon nodded happily. The boy smiled turning his eyes into thin lines.

"Hi! I'm Jimin," Jimin said.

"Joon," Joon replied with a smile.