Chapter 25- Dinner

I stood in front of my closet, granola bar in hand, trying to pick what to wear for dinner with Jon.  My mind was scrambling, not knowing what to call this. Is this a friendly dinner, is it a forced one or could it be a date? Why am I even asking this, it's not like I like him, I simply can't. And even if I did it's not like he'd like me, I'm a shattered person, weak. A tear sneaks out of my eye but I quickly wipe it away

"No Y/N, your parents are gone. They wanted to see you like this don't let them win. You are an amazing soul." I tried to bring up my confidence and it slightly worked. I took one last bite of my snack before throwing the wrapper out.

My eyes scan the closet till they stop at a beautiful dress. Simple and sweet. I take it out of the closet and onto the bed and search for the rest of the outfit.

 I take it out of the closet and onto the bed and search for the rest of the outfit

Jonathan's Perspective

I couldn't stand still, back and forth, back and forth, thinking Jon what did you do? Why did you ask her? She probably thinks it's just a friendly dinner?  Do I want it to be a date? Yes. I finally stop pacing, maybe if I impress her tonight it could end up being a date. 

What do I wear, what is suitable for dinner but won't be over the top? I pick up my favorite blue jeans and bring them to my face. Nope, can't wear that, I really have to wash these. I toss them back onto the floor and grab some nice black jeans that I only wore once. Then I see a pretty nice blazer and T-Shirt. I slip them on, spray some cologne on and grab my wallet before heading out of my room to get Y/N while texting Luke for some advice.

 I slip them on, spray some cologne on and grab my wallet before heading out of my room to get Y/N while texting Luke for some advice

Y/N's Perspective

I stood in front of the mirror in my dress, looking for any flaws. For once I felt confident in my own skin. I did end up wearing leggings under the dress because I felt most comfortable like that. I could see the makeup that Luke had bought in the reflection of the mirror. I had never worn makeup and had no clue how it really worked. I picked up a lipstick that caught my eye, I stood there for a bit before I raised it up to my mouth after taking the lid off. I slid it over my lips till I was satisfied with how it looked.  I looked at my reflection but couldn't decide whether it looked good for I was interrupted by a knock on the bedroom door. 

"Hey Y/N you ready."

"Ya...actually...could you come in, I need your help for something" I heard the door open and the sound of footsteps filled the room.

"Do you need me to zip up something."

"No, I did that. I just need your opinion on something." I walked out of the bathroom to face Jon. "How does this look" I pointed to my lips as I spoke.

Jonathan's Perspective

Y/N walked out of the bathroom and my jaw almost dropped at how she looked.

"How does this look" I snapped out of my daze to see her pointing at her lips. I then noticed that she was wearing a beautiful shade of lipstick. How I just want to ki...No stop Jon.

"It looks amazing, and you look stunning." I spoke the truth and I saw that my comment brought some colour to her cheeks.

Y/N's Perspective

I felt that rush of heat forming on my cheeks again after Jon said that. I guess that proves I'm not sick and that it is, in fact, something else. 

"Thank you Jon, you look great too." 

"Thanks, you ready to go then." I nodded in response

---Time Skip---

I stood beside Jon in the front of a beautiful restaurant. A few minutes ago I noticed his hands shaking so I grabbed them to calm him down. Now we somehow had our arms linked together.

 Now we somehow had our arms linked together

"Table for two please"

"Right this was"

Jon and I followed the waiter to a secluded table. Jon let go of my arm and actually pulled my chair out for me before sitting himself.

"Thank you for taking me here Jon."

"Your welcome Y/N. I actually only came here once, I was a third wheel for one of Luke's date a while ago. I may have caused the date to go completely wrong as well." He laughed as he probably thought of whatever he did.

"I can definitely see that happening"

"Anyway, let's see what's on this menu shall we."

---Time Skip---

We had finished dinner, it actually went quite well I believe. I did end up dropping a spoon though but Jon spilled some water too, both scenarios had us laughing though. We walked over to Jon's car in silence. My head went back to every moment Jon seemingly flirted with me, my judgement based on the flirting that happened in books. 

"So, Y/N. Did you enjoy dinner?"

"I did, thank you so much Jon. When I was little we never went out to places like that because we just cooked everything most of the time."

"That explains why your pancakes were so good."

We slipped into an silence once again but this time there was a sense of awkwardness in the air.

"Y/N"

"Yes Jon." I looked up at him and we made eye contact that neither of us dare break.

"I was just wondering if you would consider this...a..."

"A what Jon" 

" A date?" My eyes widened at what Jon said in a barely audible whisper, his voice laced with fear of what my answer would be. I couldn't speak for a bit, my heart says yes but my mind thought that it was a joke. I was torn...