Chapter 14- New News

After a quick scan of the couches available I decided to sit on one of the sofas. I pulled my legs up under my body as I watched Luke search for the remote control of the television. While Luke was rummaging through the cabinets Jon walked out from the bathroom. He had gone in to it to quickly change into something more comfortable. When he stepped into the sitting room I was able to see that he had changed into what I presumed to be his pajamas. I quickly read over what was written on his shirt and nearly smiled and laughed out at. I mean I had related to it for the past years however I managed to stifle my laughter well.

(Pick what colour of shorts you want from the two)

"What are you giggling about there little lady

"What are you giggling about there little lady." Jon looked over my way, crossing his arms in a teasing manor.

"Oh Nothing, it is just that your shirt is so damn relatable" That caused Jon to look down at his shirt as if he forgot what it had said and what he said next conformed that thought.

 "Oh, ya that has basically been my life for so long that I can't even remember the last time that I had gotten a good sleep the most sleep that I get would be 6 hours a night or I sleep during the middle of the day." With that Jon chuckles before he made his way to the couch and at that moment Luke jumped up from the shelf.

"I found it, I found it!" He said while jumping around while flushing the remote like a wand.

"Okay, okay we get it now come and sit down so we can watch something already?" Luke stuck his tongue out at Jon's impatience, making Jon do the same. I watched the two in their childish little fight until Luke moved to sit beside Jon, Jon moved to the opposite side as if he hated Luke. Of course Luke decided to move closer to him to wrap an arm around his shoulders.

"I hate you Luke."

"I  hate you to Jon."

-------Time-Skip--------

We had finally settled down and started to skim through the channels on the television when we heard a news broadcaster. Luke paused, eyebrows raising in interest as Jon leaned towards the television. I as well listened closely as my interests had spiked immensely. 

 "And In other news a young woman by the name of Y/N Y/L/N has gone missing" My eyes widened at that statement while the boys both looked at me but kept the channel on. "Today the parents of Y/N filed a report stating that their beloved daughter had gone missing, the family..." The newscast cut to a photo my family and I from a couple months ago in which I looked nothing like I did now "...had come to Philadelphia to celebrate Y/N's completion of medical school when their trip took a terrible turn, Y/N's parents and two younger siblings had gone inside of an ice cream shop while Y/N stayed outside on a bench..." The picture then changed to a random ice cream shop in Philadelphia that I had never seen before "...and when Y/N's parents came outside to surprise her with an ice cream cake they were brought to the terrible sight in which their daughter wasn't seated on the bench. Here is an interview of the family from earlier"

The scene then changed to one consisting of my family pretending to cry over me at this point I was incapable to hearing the words that they were saying due to my emotions. How dare they, they fabricated an entire story and claimed that I was a happy person who had gone missing somehow. They played us as all victims and got the police involved when they really should have gotten in trouble with the police for what they had done to me. My thoughts and anger flooded in my mind, and even though I wasn't listening to my family's cries did catch the final sentence by the reporter.

"If you have any information that could provide some insight as to where Y/N could be you are asked to contact the following  number" All that I knew about my surroundings at the moment was that tears were streaming down my face and the boys were saying stuff that wasn't computing in my mind. I continued to stare at the screen, even when the story changed. I was despondent and my mind was overloading as I felt a breakdown coming.

 I was despondent and my mind was overloading as I felt a breakdown coming