Chapter 15- Comfort

Del's/ Johnathan's perspective

I was furious after the news reporter finished her segment, how dare Y/N's parents pretend like that. How I wanted to walk right up to her father and give him a piece of my mind along with a piece of my fist. And her mother, where do I begin, every girl deserves a strong relationship with their mother like every son deserves one with his father. The way Y/N's mom spoke, it showed that she was the one behind Y/N being treated that way the she was.

I looked over at Y/N and saw that she seemed to me in some sort of trance, Luke noticed as well and we made eye contact. His eyes held worry while I was sure that mine did as well. Luke then began saying comforting words and phrases, just trying to snap Y/N out of her thoughts. I didn't know what to say or what to do but for some reason, I started saying things like 'It'll be okay' or 'We won't let them take you' and then I did something that seemed to surprise her almost as much as it surprised me. 

Y/N's Perspective

I was wallowing in my own thoughts when I felt something encase my body and a weight being placed on my head followed by something else which I quickly realized was a kiss on my head. That alone sucked me out of my hypnotic state and I pulled my eyes away from the screen to see the scene of Jon holding me almost like a mother would hold it's child. He, as well as Luke, were saying words full of meaning, comfort, and love, which I realized was them trying to comfort me while Jon continued to place small pecks in my hair. I shuffled slightly in Jon's Lap which caused his eyes to snap up to me as if he too was just released from a daze if his own.

"Y/N, are you okay? No, no, no please don't cry." Jon's hand came up and wiped away the tears that I didn't even realize were there. I began to sob as my breathing became heavily and chest moved rapidly.

"I...I...I" I didn't know what to say between the news report to slipping away in my thoughts to what Jon did and was still doing. My eyes shifted to my waist as it was where Jon's arms were, my vision was blurry from the tears but I could still make it out. Jon noticed my eyes move to his arms and proceeded to quickly remove his arms from me but not in a way that hurt me.

"Sorry Y/N I don't..I thought..I wanted to comfort you in s-some way and I only thought of t-that." Jon's eyes avoided contact with mine or Luke's while he attempted to explain the reasoning behind his actions. I didn't need any reason for it was a natural reaction to try and comfort another human and physical interaction was the typical way to go.

"It's okay Jon, it worked right. I'm not in whatever mind frame I was a few moments ago, so thank you for that" I gave him a smile and then shifted my eyes over to Luke who's face was one of calculation, as if he was attempting to solve something. "Hey you alright Luke?"

"Ya, just thinking. I'm sorry for everything and can not believe how your parents thought they had a right to pull that stunt. Don't worry yourself Y/N we will stand by you through it all. I think that we should just go to bed, we all have had an eventful day and we have a bit of a way left to drive tomorrow. Sleep sometimes is the best in moments like this and you look like you need sleep either way." I nodded my head in agreeance to his words, as did Jon.

Then a thought popped up in my head, two beds, three exhausted people composed of 2 guys and 1 girl...