00 ⤷PROLOGUE

"there is no clan who feels deeper love than the uchiha

"there is no clan who feels deeper love than the uchiha. when an uchiha who has known love loses that deep love, it is replaced by an even stronger hate that changes them."

-tobirama

___

Childhood innocence is a privilege not bestowed upon everyone. In a world where people were used as weapons, given godlike abilities, and were slain in bloody disputes, it was hardly uncommon to find children who'd had to grow up far too fast.

Some of them want to grow up, so they can face the world head-on and make the most of it. But some hold tightly to their innocence as it inevitably fades away.

Nothing was permanent. Anything could be taken at any time. Many took emotional refuge in friendships and love.

The sister he looked up to messed up. It was nearly unheard of in their clan to have a child out of wedlock, especially at the young age she was. With no other options, the young mother ran. She desperately tried to flee before her child's reputation could be destroyed by her mistakes.

She wasn't so lucky.

Though her escape was successful, the child she left behind would face the consequences she ran from. Her young brother and their grandmother decided it was best if the child didn't know about their parents.

The young mother was never seen again, nor was the father of her child. Many who knew the pair assumed they fled from the shame and responsibility.

The truth was much less romantic.

The child was rarely bothered by the lack of knowledge about their parents. They grew up idolizing their uncle, who never mentioned his sister. When the grandmother passed away from declining health, it was up to the uncle to keep himself and the child safe.

It was a responsibility he did not take lightly.

It was a bright, sunny day in Konoha. Seven-year old Kaiwa Uchiha skipped along the streets, enjoying the nice weather. Her black eyes were shut in pure bliss.

She was barely aware that she almost ran right into Kushina Uzumaki. Kaiwa would've crashed into the woman, but he redhead caught Kaiwa by the arm.

"Oh, s-sorry... Kushina-san," Kaiwa blushed in embarrassment when she realized her mistake. Kushina gave a light laugh before noticing the look in Kaiwa's big eyes.

"I know that look," Kushina chuckled. She knew Kaiwa too well to be fooled anymore. "Did you need something?"

"Do you know when... when Minato-san is going to be back?" Kaiwa bit her lip awkwardly.