she spoke to you!

Mina stood at the front of the classroom, trying to avoid each and every one of her classmates' stares, as she waited for the teacher to introduce her.

He stood behind her and smiled. "Please welcome a new addition to our class, Myoui Mina."

She nodded and smiled hesitantly, before speaking.

"A-ah yes. It is nice to meet you, please take care of me!"

She bowed and then took her seat, at the back of the classroom, next to a window which provided a view of the athletics track.

Mina glanced at the empty seat in front of her and started to imagine what her classmate would be like. Would it be some asshole jock? A dedicated student? Or maybe it was just an empty space in the class.

She sighed gently and tried to keep up with the teacher lecturing the class on the 'importance of maths'.

~

Meanwhile, another student was also running late, but in her case, purposely. She strolled through the hallways at a leisurely pace, humming gently before she caught sight of someone else walking her way. The girl quickly hid behind the lockers, and held her breathe as she waited for the person to walk by.

"Son Chaeyoung?" A familiar voice echoed through the hallway, as Chaeyoung slowly side-stepped out of her hiding spot.

She grinned nervously and looked up at the towering figure. "A-ah, Yoo Jeongyeon, my No Jam Bro! How are you?"

Jeongyeon laughed lightly, "You idiot, I just came from your maths class, why aren't you there? You're 20 minutes late."

"20 minutes?! I lost track of time!" The younger student answered with fake enthusiasm.

Jeongyeon stepped forward and grabbed Chaeyoung's arm, pulling her towards the classroom. "Whatever prank you're pulling now better not get you into any trouble, I've bailed you out enough times from, um what is it now? Around five detentions? Or six? I can't remember. That's impressive, ya know considering you've been here less than a month?"

"Ah don't worry, it's not really a prank this time, more of a way to do less work" Chaeyoung smirked, as Jeongyeon just shook her head and laughed, giving Chaeyoung a shove through the door. "Tell me about it later, and for god's sake don't get caught." She whispered.

"Thank you for your help, Miss Prefect!" Chaeyoung said, loud enough so the teacher could hear, before strolling into the class, and taking her place.

"Son Chaeyoung. That's a warning. Don't be late again, you hear me?" The teacher said in a stern voice.

She sighed, and nodded, and then sank down in her seat.

~

Mina watched as a short, cold looking girl with dark brown hair took the seat in front of her. She couldn't help but feel disappointed; the likelihood of her making friends in this class had now sunk below zero,  as she scanned the room of bleak, fed up looking students.

Her eyes came to a rest on the student in front of her. Son Chaeyoung. That's what the teacher called her. She studied the back of the girl's hoodie, before zoning out.

~

Mina felt a sharp flick on her forehead and let out a small, "Yah!", making the teacher glance over. She smiled at him nervously and then mumbled a string of curses before looking up to her attacker. Chaeyoung was leaning over the back of her chair and grinning at Mina.

"Yah! What the hell?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, "You weren't responding. Anyway we have to solve a problem in pairs, and I'm with you."

Mina just nodded in return with a small frown. "Um, my name's Mina."

"Okay Mina, well I'm Chaeyoung." She answered shortly. "Let's get this done quick." She smirked,  then reached down under her desk and pulled out a remote control from her bag, which she then pointed towards the projector that the teacher was using to display the equations on the board. The screen went blank and the teacher groaned in frustration.

He stood up. "I'm going to find someone from tech support to help me out, stay put!" He marched out of the door and as it closed behind him, there were several sighs of relief.

A few students flashed Chaeyoung a thankful smile, which she ignored as she packed up her books. "Nice working with you, Mina," she nodded, before walking straight out of the class.

There were only a few minutes of the class left, so everyone else followed suit and started packing away their notes. Mina started doing the same, until she felt someone's shadow fall on top of her.

"How did you do it?" A girl leaned towards Mina's face and tilted her head slightly, her face plastered with a questioning expression.

Mina backed away, a red tint slowly covering her face. "D-do what exactly?"

"She spoke to you! Son Chaeyoung actually properly spoke to you!"

"She hardly spoke to me. We exchanged around three words..." she mumbled, trailing off as more people started crowding around, questioning her. She froze and sat back down in her seat, looking down at the ground, willing everyone to go away.

"What's the commotion guys? Lesson's over move on, come on, go!"

Mina lifted her head slowly as the people dispersed and her eyes met Jeongyeon's questioning ones.

The elder student walked over and grabbed Mina's bag. "I told you I'd come back!" She chuckled. "But hey, what was happening before I dispersed that herd of animals? Yah! Your face is bright red!" Jeongyeon cupped Mina's cheeks in her hands before lightly touching her forehead, which only resulted in Mina's blush to become even brighter. "Hey, your face is burning up!" She furrowed her eyebrows. "Mina-ya, are you feeling okay?"

"N-no I'm okay... I just. Um, I just get nervous in crowds and stuff, I just got a bit panicked," Mina insisted as the pair walked out of the classroom.

Jeongyeon glanced over at Mina, who still had a slight blush, "But why were they crowding around you?"

Mina let out a soft chuckle. "Because some girl spoke to me.  You know Son Chaeyoung? Apparently her speaking to me was a big deal." She sighed as they reached her next class.

"Hey, um Jeongyeon?"

"What's up, Mina?"

"Ah-okay. Um, could you meet me after this lesson like you did just now? It's just that... um I still don't really know anyone and I don't want to get lost again, but it's okay if you don't want t-"

"Of course! I was planning on anyway. I'll see you later!"

Mina gave her a small smile before entering her classroom.

Jeongyeon waved, and then carried on walking towards her classroom.

"Son Chaeyoung. Who would've thought, huh," she said to herself, before strolling into her class.

~~~

lol it's slightly longer this time  : ) i hope y'all enjoy. also i love the pic of chaeng at the beginning so much asdfghjkl.