Fear

I held my breath as the man walked through my house. A huge pit developed in the bottom of my stomach when he passed by the couch that I hid behind.

"Come out (Y/N)...."

I began to shake, the man twitched, almost as if he could smell my fear. It was too dark for me to make out his face, I had cut off the living room lights in an attempt to throw him off.

The man chuckled darkly, "This can end one way or the other (Y/N)...."

I peeked around the couch, I could make out what he was wearing. A stained white hoodie and ripped, black dress pants. His hair, as far as I could tell, was Cole black in comparison to his bleach white skin. My heart skipped a beat, bleached white?

He was obviously not normal. Kito whimpered next to me, it was so quiet I could hardly hear it, but the man twitched again. This time in my direction, to my horror. I saw a flash of light in his hand, it was a knife.

"You'll have to come out sometime soon, what about when your dad comes back? Oh wait, that'll be in
a few weeks..."

My breath hitched, he was right, Dad won't be back for awhile. I'd be dead before he even got here.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, I'm gonna die here.

Kito whimpered again reminding me that he was there too. I clenched my hands into fists.

He will not touch my dog.

My mind made up I began to form a plan.
Kito had tons of doggie doors to sneak out of, they were locked most of the time but the back door one was unlocked. The hallway to the right when you first walked in was a long way to the kitchen, so I'd have to find a way to distract the man long enough for us to sneak past him. On the armrest of the couch I hid behind was the TV remote, I could turn it on to full volume.

With my new plan made I went into action, grabbing the remote and turning the TV on max.

"The hell?" The man asked, turning to the electronic. I took my chance, grabbing Kito by the collar, I pulled the two of us across the living room and into the hallway. We both quietly made our way to the kitchen, I pushed Kito out the doggie door and snuck upstairs through the second stairwell. There were two stairways in the house, one in the front and the other in the back.

I went to Dad's room and grabbed the shotgun and slipped out the window and onto the roof. I closed the window as silently as possible and climbed to the top and slipped into the attic window. There was no way to get in from inside, I pulled in the ladder and sat down.

Hopefully Kito was smart enough to run into the woods and was safe by now. I know I have no way of out running that guy, he was too fast for Kito for God's sake, but I can definitely hide. And with this gun I can defend myself too. Dad had packed a bunch of old camping gear up here, along with non-perishable food. So I could stay up here for awhile without having to worry about starving, the only thing I am worried about however is water. I then remembered my book bag,
I'd left it in the- wait no! It's right outside the back door! Thank God!

I put my ear to the floor in hopes of figuring out where the man was. It seemed as though he was going up to the second story, good.

I packed up some camping supplies and a sleeping bag, I also added the non-perishable food for safe keeping. I was still wearing the rubber jacket so I was good on exposure, my sweat pants and shirt should keep me warm enough. If I could get my book bag I'd be all set.

I checked outside, seeing that it was all clear I gently set the ladder back up and climbed down. Next to Dad's window was a second ladder that safely went to the ground.

Once I hit the dirt I crouched below the living room window. I crept around the house to the backyard. After grabbing my book bag I raced to the treeline.

Please, please, please...

}•{

I breathed a sigh of relief, I had ran for about half a mile. I've no idea where I am but at least I still have my phone, if I can just find one hotspot then I'd be in the clear.

I took a sip of water and leaned against a tree, I was in the middle of uninhibited woodland. It would take days for me to get back to civilization, my house was already pretty secluded, but this? I had no way of contacting Dad unless if I found one of those hotspots, like I mentioned.

The shotgun only had two shots left, luckily I had grabbed four more before leaving, and I still had that kitchen knife. Dad used to make me watch those survival shows and I remembered a few hunting and trapping tricks.

So all that added with the tent and sleeping bag gave me a good chance at living through this.

I checked my food supplies, I had twenty Twinkies, ten cans of soup and meat, and thirteen bags of dried herbs.

Well, at least culinary has some uses.

I continued to walk through the woods blindly as the mist began to thin out. I sighed, the mist made it harder for me to see sure, but it also gave me some extra cover.

Soon after thinking this I heard a twig snap behind me, shit.

I flinged my head around in a panic.

Nothing...

I hurried my pace and gripped the knife in my sweatshirt pocket. I felt the air pressure change with the tension, a cold sweat leaked down my back. I could almost sense him.

"(Y/N)......"

My body spasmed in response to his voice, I grit my teeth, not liking the power he had over me. I swear my knuckles were probably white with the death grip I had on the knife.

"I'm gonna paint the trees with your blood, (Y/N), ya hear me?"

I spun around, not showing the knife yet. I yelped at the sight of him.

He had a smile carved into his skin all the way up to his cheekbones, his eyes were rimmed with black. He didn't blink, where are his fucking eyelids?!

Though his appearance was terrifying, I found my body calming without my consent. My muscles relaxed and my shoulders went from tense to loose like jello.

What in the actual fuck?

"What, no screaming? Crying?"

I stood still, my breath was strangely calm compared to my racing mind, my body was completely unaffected by his appearance or his close proximity. Everything in my head told me to get the hell out, run, something other than this, but it was almost as if I had no control. I couldn't move or anything.

"You gonna say somethin'?" He asked, looking agitated, I shivered again.

He smirked, noticing my small movements, "Scared into silence huh? I can work with that." His words just turned into noise,
lovely, gravely noise.

My eyes fluttered, "Don't stop talking please..." A rush of air went past before my face was promptly introduced to the dirt.

~¤~

Ayooooo! Please vote if you had fun reading!