The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [3]

Reed. P.O.V

Hungover, tired, and sore I made my way to my first lecture of the year. I’d spent my first week on campus drinking and partying hard. All the rumours I heard about college life was completely true. Back in high school I wasn’t a social person at all, but Gemma Nickels had changed that, from then I’d felt more comfortable and less socially awkward. I now knew how to make friends.

Fresher’s week was real. The first time I got completely wasted I overestimated my alcohol resistance, so had Leah and that night ended up with me waking up in Kelly’s room half naked on the rug whilst Leah and Kelly slept in the bed. I also bonded more with my flatmates, Carly was cool and Trent even came out with us even though he was a couple years older than us.

Theo woke us up ever morning playing his guitar at hours that should be illegal. It was a matter of time before Carly broke his guitar, she’d put up a timetable of the acceptable hours for him to play but he just didn’t seem too interested. I was just itching to go into his room and steal his guitar and hide it under my bed or something.

I hadn’t seen Jack all week, he said he was going to let me enjoy fresher’s week without him over shadowing me and ruining the fun for me. It was a BS excuse but I didn’t argue, because I wasn’t ready to ask Jack what he was hiding, and why he wanted so desperately to get away from me. I hadn’t even seen him around campus, we texted and spoke to each other on the phone.

But fresher’s was done, so my absence from Jack was over too. The dull drumming voices of the class got louder as it filled up, I was so tempted to rest my head on the table and nap. To make matters worse the lights were dim enough for me to be able to sleep. Not that I hadn’t spent the past week going to bed at 8am in pure daylight.

Our lecturer walked in then, and the first thing that caught my eye was the cool, pure greyness of his own eyes. He had to be about mid 20s 6ft, really soft brown hair that drifted into his eyes. He was a teenage heartthrob. I heard the ginger girl next to me sigh. I looked at her and saw she was dreamily staring at our lecturer.

“Good morning class, glad your all here even if you are hungover and tired. My name is Eli Stark and I’m going to be talking at you, whilst you pretend to listen to me all year, until it’s exam time and then you all want to learn”

A chuckle went round the class and I could help but smile along with them. Eli Stark had that sort of effect on you, that sort of charisma that made me think he’d just charm his way through life. Mr Eli Stark. Eli. Stark. He sounded like a superhero; I couldn’t help but picture him in tights with knickers on top, in a copycat Superman outfit.

Eli to the rescue!!! I burst into a fit of giggles, the whole class went silent and I stared down at my desk, trying to look innocent. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks because of one of those embarrassing things called blushes.

“You there, in the grey t-shirt” he called out, my heart jumped, he couldn’t be talking to me it was just coincidence my t-shirt was grey “Hello, you staring at your desk as if that makes you invisible, what is your name?”

Now I knew he was talking to me. I lifted my head and looked straight into his crystal clear grey eyes. They were astonishingly bright. “Err, Reed Sparrow Mr Eli sir”

“Now Mr Sparrow, would you like to inform the rest of us what was so funny”

The image flashed through my mind again and I bit back my laugh. “I don’t think you want me to do that,” I said smirking.

“Don’t sass me, save it for your girlfriend”

“I don’t have a girlfriend so-”

“And I don’t care. All I want is to get on with my lecture now kindly tell us what you were laughing about”