The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [12]

Reed P.O.V

Eli was at it again. I’d forgotten that he liked to pick on me, that I was his little punch bag during class. I rolled my eyes and got up from my seat, I snatched the stack of papers from his hands and grumbled as I handed one out to everyone. I saw people smiling at me with sympathy and others with glee, they were glad not to be Eli’s little pet monkey today. Just as I was about to sit down he called on me again:

“Err Reed I think you’ve forgotten something son”

I shot him a dirty look “What?”

“The second page son”

I gritted my teeth “Why don’t you hand it out yourself?”

“Because I enjoy taunting you, and there’s nothing you can do about it, son” he said with a smug look on his face.

“I’m not your son,” I growled.

“You got that right, no son of mine would come with attitude like that, now hand those papers out”

I folded my arms across my chest “And what if I say no, what are you going to do about it… son” I said mimicking him.

“Does your mother have to ask you to do things twice, or do you listen. Don’t let me ask you twice boy”

Shock bloomed through me and my attitude faltered. “My mum’s dead” I whispered. I didn’t look at anyone as I walked back to my seat; I stared out the window trying not to think of her. Not that I could remember much, I just knew she had my eyes and hair. I didn’t even remember the smell of her anymore.

I felt a sympathetic hand on my arm but I shrugged it off, I refused to let Eli see me cry, I was stronger than that. I was used to people not knowing my mum was dead, since I’d left home no one new that I was basically an orphan. My father wanted nothing to me with me, and my mum was dead. I was so lucky to have Dom, without him Kat and me would have probably been separated and lost in the system.

I was grateful that he loved my mum that he loved us enough to stay. That was the good thing about Dom; once he committed to something he always saw it through. With me away at college and Kat finished and grown up, he had more time to focus on himself. When I went back home I could see how lonely he was. Jack’s mum had really hurt him, but I didn’t hate her for it.

Dom and my mum were soul mates; I couldn’t hate anyone who tried to make him happy after losing his other half. That’s all I wanted really for him to be happy, how me and Jack are… were… have been… used to be… still are. I don’t even know anymore. If I pretend, we can be happy but if I ask him about New York our relationship is suddenly back on the rocks. Recently I’ve not been saying anything.

I love Jack and I know he loves me; I just gotta remind him of everything we’ve survived and came out still together and pretty deep in love. Because I was in love with him, very much in love with him.

“Reed I’m so sorry” Eli whispered, but it carried to me, that’s how quiet the lecture hall had got. “Erm, that’s it for today guys we will catch up on Wednesday, off you all go, enjoy your freedom”

There was murmuring and the shuffling of chairs as everyone got up to leave, a few people patted my arm and the ginger girl who warned me about Eli leant over and gave me a hug. I smiled back at her, I was playing up how upset I was, hoping to make Eli feel extremely guilty. Eli didn’t move or say anything to me until the last person had shut the door behind them.

I looked up and glared at him defiantly, he sighed “Reed, why didn’t you tell me? All those times we’ve hung out and talked over coffee and you didn’t mention this?”