Chapter Forty-four

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

"Hey, I'm leaving," Nolan whispered outside my room. "I have called Kiera and asked her to call Daphnee too." I opened the door glaring at him. "Why?"

"What why? I couldn't just leave you alone." He asked incredulously.

I opened my mouth to argue when I heard D's voice. "You can leave now, we are here." She says exasperatedly. Nolan didn't say anything just gave me a soft kiss on the forehead. "Call me if you need anything." 

Kiera rolled her eyes and pushed him away. "Just go before D kicks you out." He nods at Kiera and Daphnee before leaving.

"So, did you guys sorted things between you?" I shake my head in no. They both looked at me sadly.

I shrugged. "He just keeps telling me to get better before he tells me anything. I don't know how to react to him anymore. I trust him, but every time I remember that...." I exhale deeply. "My imagination just keeps getting worse."

"Ok, everything will be fine. Just don't stress yourself. Please keep calm and I know he wouldn't do anything wrong with you." D makes me sit on my bed. 

"Don't you hate him?" I almost accuse her. Almost.

"Ya! I do, he is the reason you are in this place, isn't he? But I have seen him throughout the time you were in the hospital, he was so distraught, he kept blaming himself for everything, he wouldn't leave you for a second." My heart melts for him. 

"He loves you, Bree, he really does," Kiera sighs.

God everything is so frustrating! Aghh!!

My head spins and I hold the door to steady myself. "Calm down honey, It's not good for the-" Kiera stops. I looked at her questioningly. "What?" She looked at D scared. "Nothing, it's nothing," D replied chuckling nervously. 

"What is it?" D glared at Kiera whereas she shrugged. They kept looking and gesturing at each other for more than a minutes. It was exhausting looking at both of them. "Ok, guys stop it." I breathe out. "You are making me dizzy. Just tell me what's going on?"

"Uh..." D started. She cleared her throat and again looked at Kiera to help her. "Umm... t-there's n-nothing much going on...Umm.." I stared at her blankly.   

"Ok, enough. I'm telling her!" D stood up from the bed looking at me seriously, I listened to her carefully. "When you are at the hospital... unconscious...." I nod. "The doctor came...." She stopped and I nod attentively. "The doctor came... and said some things which shocked us both. Thankfully nobody was there because we didn't know if you want to tell this to everyone or not, that's why we have asked the doctor to keep mum over this for some time. This is totally up to you if you want to tell this to everyone or not."

I nodded seriously. "Ok... so what was that? What did Doctor tell you?" I asked.

D looked at Kiera and she nodded at her firmly. D exhales deeply and stared at me seriously. "The doctor said...." Am I going to die? My heart was beating rapidly, I am going to faint any moment now. "Pizza." 

"I knew it... I'm dying! I'm-" I stopped shouting. Wait! Did she- "Did you just say Pizza?"

"Ya.." They looked at me tensed. 

"So the doctor said pizza?"I asked confused as hell.

"Oh..." D chuckled. "No.. no.. no.. the doorbell, we ordered pizza. It's here. The doctor said something else..." I opened my mouth, but the held a finger at me. "which I'll tell you after eating. Promise. I'm really hungry now." My stomach growled as well and I agreed. 

"But after pizza, you are telling me everything I don't like secrets." I frowned.

"I promise," D assured, hugging me. 

~~~

I pop another popcorn into my mouth, god what are they doing in the kitchen they are missing the best part of the film. Aghhh! I paused the movie and went to the kitchen.

"It's your fault, who was asking you to open your mouth?" D said in hushed tone throwing her hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry ok? It just slipped out of my mouth. She looked so stressed and the doctor has clearly said to keep her away from stress due to her...  condition." Kiera mumbled.

What condition?

"I know, I know. But what are we going to explain her now, she has already been in much tension. This is going to give her heart attack."

"But she has to know right? She is going to anyway. We cannot exactly hide it from her, and also for everyone to notice."

"Ya I know, but it's not going to be easy. What do you expect me to tell her?" She straightens up. "Hi Bree, I know your life is hard right now, and we have no idea if things would work out between you and Nolan, but guess what? You are pregnant. You are freaking pregnant with Nolan's Child. Cong-"

The popcorn bowl slipped from my hand. Their head snapped in my direction.  I could see the horror on their face.

Pregnant?

****************************************************************************

Hope you guys liked the chapter!!