Chapter 24

Ravage felt something was off about the last couple of days and knew it had something to do with the fact that he hadn't seen Frenzy at all since him and Soundwave had joined the Decepticons on Earth.

It was an odd feeling, one in his spark, that he knew something was wrong. The cyber-panther just couldn't place it and decided to finally confront Soundwave about it. The rest of his siblings didn't seemed to notice the feeling yet, except for Rumble who was constantly worrying about his twin's location and what had happened to him, but sure enough they would soon. Ravage was the oldest of Soundwave's spies, which made him the most responsible for watching over them all. Every since Megatron had ordered Frenzy to go with Barricade to Earth, him and Soundwave had been fretting that something might happen to him.

Hopefully, that won't be the case and Ravage was just being paranoid. The oldest spy walked around the current base of the Decepticons, which was stuck underground in a large cavern that blocked off all human surveillance from reaching them. The black panther stalked around the many tunnels and hallways until he came upon the meeting room, where Soundwave was in a meeting with Starscream and Hook. As much as Ravage despised that Seeker, he did know how to pick a good hiding place.

The black panther carefully snuck into the room, using one of the tunnels in the ceiling and sitting on a ledge that hung over the room. Hook and Starscream were in another fight, which wasn't uncommon, and Soundwave was silently sitting off to the side as he waited for the two to finish their dispute. Ravage opened up their spark bond and began a conversation. "Soundwave."

The silver mech looked up towards where the cyber-cat was sitting, tail swishing behind and waiting for its sire to reply. "Yes, Ravage? Is there something wrong?"

"Have you seen Frenzy at all in base?" Ravage questioned as that feeling of worry rose again in his spark. "I haven't seen Barricade at all during are days here, which means that Frenzy might not be here either. Can you feel him through the bond?"

Soundwave thought for a moment and tried what the young panther had mentioned. He searched for the other end of the bond to one of his youngest, but strangely couldn't feel it. The communications officer froze for a moment and tried again. He searched through each of his bonds, feeling everyone of his children except for Frenzy. It was fuzzy and muted, as if he was damaged in some way. Soundwave was surprised he hadn't felt it until now.

"I cannot feel it." Soundwave answered back, sounding almost frightened. "Have you talked to your siblings about this? Do they suspect anything is wrong?"

"Rumble has shown some concern over Frenzy not being around, but the condors and Ratbat have not show any signs." Ravage answered and looked towards Starscream. Wouldn't he have information on where Barricade and Frenzy were. "Try Starscream."

"He would not tell me. That is my biggest concern." Soundwave replied, knowing that Starscream would want something over him. "Please go and try to comfort the others about this. I do not need anyone running off in the middle of the night trying to find him. The humans seem to be good at tracking us now."

Ravage got up from his spot and crawled back into the tunnel that lead out to the rest of the base. Soundwave closed off the bond communication as he looked back at Starscream, who was still quarreling with Hook about some medical problem. Starscream seemed to end it and resume talking about further plans. Hook, on the other servo, just stared at Soundwave, watching his face. Although his red optics were still and controlled as he watched Starscream, Hook could see the concern laced in the rest of his features.

"Soundwave, you okay?" Hook asked the now SIC, catching Starscream's attention off of whatever rant he was about to stare. "You look a little more concerned than usual."