Chapter 15

Bumblebee was sitting in the back corner of the hangar and waiting for everyone to set up for the meeting, his optics flickering over to Barricade every once and a while.

The scout was looking at the police car with a questioning look. He had never seen Barricade, even a Decepticon so scared before of an Autobot that it almost hurt him inside that he caused some of that fright. The ex-Decepticon was talking with his human friend, who he remembered was named Dorothy, and they seemed to be having a bonding moment. She was sitting on his raised servo while having a small conversation with him about something. At some point, Barricade put her back down on the floor and she walked off to go have a conversation with Epps.

The yellow and black Autobot watched as the human seemed to make Barricade more relaxed and more like his old self. The police car was leaning back against the wall of the hangar with his optics closed, probably resting. Bumblebee wondered what had happened that made the mech so scared and guessed that he and his friend would tell everyone during the meeting. But in the back of Bee's processor, there was a tiny voice telling him to go up and talk to Barricade.

Since Barricade technically wasn't a Decepticon anymore, maybe he could be more...what the heck was he thinking?! Barricade was his enemy! His rival and nothing more than that! The scout shook his helm of the thought and when back to mindlessly looking around the room. But sadly every time he would try and distract himself, his optics would land right back on Barricade. It was frustrating to the point where he actually got up and walked over.

Bee walked over to the mech and crossed his arms in front of his chassis, waiting for the mech to realize he was there. Two out of the four red optics of the ex-Decepticon opened and looked up at Bumblebee. "Hey Bumblebutt. You need something?"

::My name's not Bumblebutt! It's Bumblebee!:: the yellow mech argued and stamped his pede. ::I also...::

Barricade looked up at the younger mech in confusion. He was attacking like a sparkling. He technically was a sparkling that this point. "Did you just come over here to make a confrontation out of this, or did you just get up from your spot in the corner because you were bored and you needed to talk to someone?"

::No!:: Bee argued again, puffing up his chest in defiance. He was only upset because the mech were right. The mech had seen right through him and he hated it. The scout's stance finally slagged and he took a seat next to the mech, still crossing his arms across his chassis. He pulled his knees up to his chestplates and hugged them there. ::Maybe...::

Barricade laughed a bit, shaking his head. He propped himself more up against the wall and stretched out his limbs. He looked over at the yellow Autobot and saw how embarrassed he was, which made Barricade laugh even more. But it wasn't a mocking laugh, it was a friendly laugh. He shook his helm and sighed. "So what do you want to talk about, Bumblebutt?"

Bee groaned and glared at the mech. ::Why...why are you acting like this? So...friendly and non-Decepticon?::

Barricade shifted in his spot, a bit uncomfortable with the question since it would bring up the topic of Starscream, but he sighed. Everyone was going to know in about an hour anyways, so what harm could it do? "Well, I mostly blame Dorothy. Her personality is very addictive and reminds me of how I used to be back when the war first started and I wasn't a Decepticon yet."

::You weren't always a Decepticon? Shocking.:: Bee asked sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Barricade.

"Yes, it's true." Barricade mused whimsically. "But I also changed back I didn't like knowing that I was like Starscream in a way. A jerk and hurting people to no reason. Doing things without a cause...I don't like that personally."