Chapter 5

Hiya everyone. Another chapter is finished. Get ready to be depressed and have some feels for Barricade again because today's gonna be a bunch of feels that no one asked for. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm still surprised it only took three weeks for you to fix this thing." Dorothy's brother said to her as he traced a finger down the Saleen Mustang's hood, remembering how dented it was from before. "I would have thought that it would have stayed in that scrapyard until it got dismantled."

Dorothy gasped and walked over from across the garage to slap her brother playfully on the arm. She knew that Barricade would be complaining about Darren the entire way to the F1 hangar now because of that insult. The short woman as noticed the short flicker of the headlights as the engine seemed to rumble more aggressively as her brother started touching the police car's hood.

"He doesn't like that, you know." she scolded her brother and pushed him hand off of Barricade's hood. The rumble stopped and the headlights seemed to brighten back to their usual shine. "His hood is very sensitive."

"'He'?" Darren asked as he watched her sister get into the car on the driver's side. "I know people give their cars pronouns, but the car's a 'she' for sure."

Dorothy laughed and got into the car, closing the door and rolling down the window. "Why's that?"

"Because the car's got style and a nice bumper!" Darren shouted before he walked into the house. and slammed the door behind him.

A sudden growl arose from the radio of the car and Dorothy felt that car pull all the way out of the driveway and into the street before pulling away from the house and making its way through the winding streets of the neighborhood department she lived in. Barricade was pissed, she knew that by the way he was driving and how he was jerking everytime he made a turn, but he was still in pain. Dorothy knew that Barricade's systems were online at full capacity, but the fact that he hasn't drove in quite awhile scared her that the sentient car might break down.

"Barricade, you need to take it easy." Dorothy tried to explain to the car as he exited onto the main route outside the department and started on his way down the road. "You haven't been out of the garage in a while and I'm thinking that I should maybe drive to the station. You've also never been there before."

"No need." the car seemed to hiss at her. "I have the location of the hangar on my GPS, and for not being out of the garage, that's your fault. I have been sitting in that damned garage for the past three weeks, being insulted by your sibling and not allowed to go anywhere when I could drive perfectly fine."

"Darren insulted you?" Dorothy asked, placing her hands on the wheel so it looked like she was driving. "When and how? Darren loves cars."

"Oh I'm so sure after he called me a female!" Barricade shouted back, pulling up to the light and his engine started rumbling loudly as his anger grew. "He also has hit me with a crowbar and several cups of soda have been spilled on my paint coat!"

"And I fixed that dent and cleaned up the soda stains, so don't start complaining about again." Dorothy commented under her breath as she continued down the street towards the police station. "I'm surprised you haven't tried to kill him yet. You're showing a great sense of self-control for what you explained to be 'Decepticon behavior'."

"I have the right mind to kill the blasted human!" Barricade growled, moving in and out of the lines, trying to get ahead of the incoming traffic that was moving towards them. "Why are we even going to the police station, anyway? I thought I made it clear that I didn't want anything to do with the government."