Chapter 9

Sam had never seen Ratchet so mad at Bee before.

The lime green Hummer as vivid when he, Bee and Optimus returned from Phoenix after the trip to the police station. Bee was remarkably silent on the drive back, and even made Sam drive for some reason. Optimus said he would give a fair punishment when they got back to the military base they had secured from Keller. And when Sam pulled into the main grounds of the base, boy was Ratchet pissed. The medic was hysterical to the point where Ironhide had to hold him back from denting Bee before the little scout was smashed inwards.

Bee, for that matter, was still immensely tired from the previous few days. Also, the interaction with Barricade still confused him greatly. He wasn’t really sure what was really or not anymore. And Sam was there, too, so at least he had his best friend to vouch for him. Bumblebee had only transformed when Ratchet was far enough away from him where he couldn’t get hit by a flying wrench. The two of them walked into the main hangar and stood before Optimus, who looked beyond tired at this point.

“So, can someone explain what in all of Cybertron happened in Phoenix?” Ratchet finally spoke up, interested to hear who Bee and Sam go arrested.

“I would as well.” Optimus answered as calmly he could. “Bumblebee.”

Bee froze. He didn’t really want to answer since it would make him sound like he was delusional. But Optimus did address him, so he had to answer at someone. The yellow scout looked at Sam and then at each of the bots and sighed. ::I...um...got a life signature of a Decepticon and decided to go after it.::

Optimus sighed into the palm of his servo. Of course Bee would go after a Decepticon. It was all in good intentions in the first place, he hoped. But unfortunately, Ratchet seemed to disagree. The medic walked forward and whacked Bee upside the back of the helm and groaned. “You couldn’t have waited until after we received the diplomatic plates from Keller to go speeding? You younglings! I swear I’m going to keep you on base for a whole month!”

Bee winced at the blow, grabbing the back off his helm. That seemed to answer his question if he should tell them or not. The Camaro silently decided to stay quiet for the rest of the conversation to avoid getting hit again.

“Well,” Sam spoke up, trying to come to his friend’s defense. “At least he didn’t crash into anyone. And it wasn’t exactly Bee going after it, but it going after us.”

Ironhide barked a laugh. “How the heck was that possible? Unless you two decided to walk into a Decepticon base, there shouldn’t be any ‘Cons around after the whole showdown at Mission.”

“Ironhide is correct, Sam.” Optimus commented, kneeling down to be at the boy’s height. “Please explain how exactly it happened.”

“Um…” Sam started, placing his hands behind his back. “We were driving down the highway, on the way back from the airport because we needed to drop my parents off for their trip, and Bee’s radar picked on up. We were almost out of Phoenix too, but then it came after us. It chased us around the city and then the police stopped us at an intersection for speeding.”

Bee nodded in agreement as Ratchet and Ironhide exchanged glances. Optimus nodded as well and stood back up. “It seems that Starscream has put a plan into motion already. He must’ve received reinforcements after the battle of Mission City.”

Bee shifted on his pedes. He should tell them, but they would never believe him. Sam looked up at Bee and looked confused. “Bee, aren’t you going to say who was chasing us? I thought you would be all excited to.”

That’s when everyone started that the small bot with wide optics. The Chevy shuffled back a bit, holding up his hand in defense. Ironhide looked at him curiously. “Ya know the ‘con, Bee?”