Chapter one

Should I knock? Do I even know how to knock? Why am I not knocking? Pip thought, as his flipper hovered over the door in a fist.

He lets his flipper hit the door several times. An orangish mouse opened it. He glared down at the small Popplio.

"..." The Raichu says. Well he didn't say anything. He was just glaring down at the Popplio. What did I do? Pip thought.

" Who are you and what are you doing here?" The Raichu asked with hostility. " I-I am Pip! And I want to j-join the Starter Squad!" He bravely says.

" Sorry,kid. You can't get in." The Raichu said. Pip looked at him with confusion. " Why not?" He asked. " This place is for powerful Pokémon, not for creatures such as yourself. You don't look as if you can even handle a Weedle in a battle." Raichu says to him.

" Don't judge a Pokémon by it's size!" Pip says. Raichu stares at him. " Come back tomorrow. That's when registration is." He tells Pip, handing him a piece of paper.

" But..." He began. Raichu Shut the door in his face harshly. " He never told me it would happen tomorrow." Pip says, then he hops away. " I guess I'll just have to find somewhere to live till then." He tells himself out loud.

He began the walk through the forest. Rain began to fall, making it harder for him to move through the already grassy forest.

Pip sighed. Then he sees a hole in a tree. " That's the perfect place!" He exclaims. He darts toward it. He runs inside the hole. A Ratata screams and says, " It's hideous!"

" Excuse me. I have nowhere to stay-." He only got to begin before the Ratata shoved him out of his hole and says, " There's no room for an abandoned and ugly Pokémon around here." He harshly growls, his purple fur extending. He showed his teeth at Pip. " Leave!!!!!! You're ugly mutt is killing my eyes!" ratata insulted.

Pip sadly flopped away. He sighed. " I guess not all Pokémon are as nice as Eon." Pip decided.

The rain turned into hail. " Ow! Ow! Ow!" Pip cries as he races through the forest. He trips over a root. " Arceus! Why?" He wails. He brushes himself off. A female Yungoos laughed at his fall. " Oh man! You should have seen how fast you fell!" She cheered.

" Oh? Is that all I am? A joke to this whole forest?!" He dangerously asked, his nose stuck in the air, and readying his bubbles.

The Yungoos looked at him curiously. " I never said that, child." She told him. " You know," She begins thoughtfully. " You look drenched. You should come home with me." She tells him, with a wave of her tail.

" I- I don't really want to be a bother." He says. She flicked her forepaw. " I insist. After all, a Pokémon is a Pokémon no matter how hated!" She chanted proudly. " Plus, you're gonna catch a cold standing out here. It might be the forest, but even trees can't shelter everything with their delicate branches." She stated.

She darted into a hole. Pip stared at the hole for a little. Is that really safe? He asked. It looks a little unstable. It's like a human dug this hole. " Well? You coming or what?" Yungoos asked as she poked her head back out.

" Y-Yeah! Just wasn't too sure that that house is stable." Pip says. " Well, it's been safe for me for a few years now." She said, beckoning with her paw. " Come on in! The ground is surely nice!" She praised. No it isn't. It's cold, evil, cruel, vicious, dangerous, has long claws, and is stained in red.

He followed her anyways into the hole. He had to squeeze his big head in. He grunted as he pulled the rest of his bigger body into the hole. " Welcome to my humble abode. Now do you need anything? A refreshment? Food? A dry towel?" Yungoos asked. The last part was in amusement because Pip had shaken himself to dry himself of the droplets of Water that was coming from him.

He might be a water type, but getting wet wasn't normal unless he was in water. And that was a long long time ago.

Yungoos grabbed a towel( it tried correcting it to Rowlet. How rude. Rowlet is not a towelette.) and handed it to the poor wet Pokémon. Of course he was a seal. He could handle it, but he didn't want to make the hole where this cute Yungoos end up getting eroded faster.

" You need to get some sleep." She told him. " You look like you've had a pretty rough day. And I've had plenty of those." She said. " Really? You seem too tough to be able to have rough days." Pip says in surprise. It was kind of surprising. I mean look at her. She's a pretty fierce Pokémon.

Pip bet even that fudged up Sandslash wouldn't mess with such a fierce creature as herself. " I mean, yeah. I've had pretty rough days lately with the flying spotted cloud diving in trying to take all my berries. But that's none of your concern. She's just a petty thief. Nothing I can't handle." Yungoos said.

Yungoos are pretty proud Pokémon. So it is only natural that she would say that. " But if the spotted cloud is trying to take all your berries then you have to do something. Even if she is just a petty thief." Pip told her.

" What can I do? She's too fast and too strong for even me to handle." Yungoos said. " I-I could help." Pip said, raising his paw for some strange reason. As if there was a group of others nearby.

" Well," Yungoos said with a sigh. " I suppose you could. But....leave it for tomorrow. Please. We both need some sleep." She said with a yawn. And like that, the mongoose was out like a light. Literally.

She just collapsed asleep right then and there. Pip sighed. " Registration is tomorrow. I know I can't be late, but I have to help Yungoos. After all, she is a civilian. And it's unfair that she helped me and I didn't help her in return." Pip says as he drifts to sleep.