~ (58) Heart ~

Twinkling stars brightened the night, illuminating the dark sky that had shades of purple. The warm breeze swayed the emerald grass of the spacious garden as she lost herself in her thoughts.

Glancing at the calm scenario, her blue eyes met several trees with leaves varying from white to dark blue. Some of those leaves looked fragile as their surface was made of glass. Dome-like buildings decorated the environment.

The warm breeze blew past her again, bringing strands of her white hair on her face.

As she didn't recognize her features, Arisa moved her hair away. As she did so, sorrow consumed her heart; she didn't know why she was feeling like this.

"There you are, Aries," said a gentle voice.

Her heart sped and she quickly wiped her eyes. As she sighed, she heard someone sit by her left side. Her heart kept on skipping.

A second later she felt his gaze on her. "You're crying again."

"I'm not," she said, shaking her head. "I was taking a bit of time to think."

As she said those words, Arisa couldn't recognize her soft voice. She felt his gaze on her again.

"Judging by your look," he said, "you weren't flooding your mind with positive thoughts."

She shifted her view to him. Somehow, she couldn't see his face properly. Everything was blurred; the only thing she could see clearly was his honey hair.

"How can I think positive when you're fading?" she complained. "We've been together for countless years and now you're leaving us."

The thought of him leaving them crushed her heart.

Warm fingers curled on her pinkish hand. She glanced at her lap and spotted his tanned hand holding hers.

"I'm still here," he said. "It will take several days before I completely disappear."

Her heart sank upon hearing that word.

"Besides," he continued, "we will see each other again and we will finally fix the mistake we made centuries ago."

She exhaled, still not happy with what was going on. Warm fingers rubbed her cheek.

"You shouldn't show vulnerability," he said. "You're a mother now. Imagine how he would react seeing you like this. You should show him strength, so he won't be sad when you disappear too. I'm sure he will be at ease with you by his side once I disappear."

She sighed. "Do you think he'll join us once everything is over? I'm afraid he'll feel lonely without us by his side. After all, we'll return once our time comes in the mortal world."

"You are his mother," he said, his thumb rubbing her hand. "I'm sure he inherited positive strength from you. He will find a way to be positive as he waits for us. That is if the Wave of Rebirth doesn't affect him after he wakes up."

She smiled and lay her head on his shoulder. For several seconds, silence filled the atmosphere. In those short seconds of silence, she gazed at the dimly illuminated environment.

"I wonder," she said, breaking the brief silence, "will we still be together once we become mortals?"

"Since we will lose our memories," he replied, "we won't recognize each other."

The thought of them forgetting each other pierced her heart. She tightened her grip on his arm.

"But it would be interesting if we fell in love again," he continued.