Ch.11

"Mako you-"

"Let her go, or I will fight you!" Mako said and went into a stance. My eyes widened. Mako... He's gonna fight for me? I narrowed my eyes, No way in heck! I then let the top of my head ram into the man's chin. He roared in pain and let me go. I scrambled out and went into a fighting position. I heard Mako, "Get behind me!"

"No! I can do this myself!" I shouted back at him. "You don't know how they're like! They are the most dangerous benders around here!" I didn't listen, instead I let the wind flow within my hands and sent a huge wave of air. The man to the left got it, well blocked it.. It moved him back far enough away from the other two. The one to the right then started throwing fire balls towards me, I jumped over them and when the last one came out, I kicked it. It was sent back to the guy and hit him in the face. He went back and fell on the ground. I turned around, "See I can handle myself." I said and Mako's eyes widened. "Look out!" He screamed and then ran towards me.

I felt him pull me into his chest and toss a flame towards whoever was attacking from behind. It was the leader. He cried in pain. I looked and saw that Mako burned the leader's eyes. He held them and growled, "One day Mako, you will pay.... You will PAY!" He said and his men got up and they scrambled. Mako continued to hold me close until I started pushing. He let go. I glared up at him, "Never touch me again, you hear?"

"You were about to get hit-"

"Then let me get hit! Geez.. I'm not the "Oh my gosh! Save me!" Type of girl." I said and then walked off. Mako groaned and ran after me, "Stop wondering off!" He shouted and I turned and looked at him, "Then stop following me!" I yelled back and he just continued to do it anyway. He then grabbed my wrist again, "Would you please stop?!" He said. I glared up at him, "Would you please stop! I told you I'm fine by myself!" I said and Mako glared back, "You don't understand-"

"No you don't understand! Leave. Me. Alone." I said and whipped myself from his grip. Mako just couldn't give up, he kept saying those things of being kidnapped or even worse things happening to me. I wished I listened closer that time.

But when we met up with Korra and Bolin, they got to see small bits of our fight. "Woa woa! What happened?" Bolin asked and Korra placed her hands on her hips. Mako looked at me as I raised my nose up, away from him. "We had a fight." He said. "Well duh! We both can see that." Korra said and looked at Bolin, "Your brother is the worst with women." She whispered. I looked back forward. "Anyway, Asami is coming later. We gotta get some food while we're at it." Bolin said. I made a noise and the three looked at me, "What?"

"I have a one on one match today..." I mumbled. Mako groaned, "You are not going by yourself!" He snapped. I glared up at him, "I keep telling you that I got this!" I said and then waved to Korra and Bolin, "I'll meet with you all later." I said and ran off. Mako made a noise and then started quickly talked to Korra and Bolin. His brother made a smirk as he watched Mako run off.

I afterwards ended up at the stadium from yesterday. I sighed and was about to walk in. I stopped when I heard soft gasps of air. I looked and saw, oh so Mako. I made an annoyed face, "You never give up." I said. Mako held up his hand, "You never know..." He said and went to his full height and stretched a bit, "How do you not get out of energy?" He asked. I shrugged, "I use my Airbending most of the time." I said. I started to take a step forward, but Mako stopped me. He's so annoying! "Hey! Frick off, Mako!" I yelled and fought against him. He just stared at me, "Listen, I don't want you going into this by yourself."

"You're gonna have to! I'm about to be eighteen, I don't need someone to hold me down because I have weird hair!" I said and Mako gave me a sad look. I looked down at where he grabbed my wrist. I snapped it away. "If you are really protecting me, believe that I can do stuff on my own." I said and ran into the building. Mako called my name, but I never turned back. I soon went into the women's changing room. Now that I'm worked up, not a single one of words fazed me. I finished getting the rubber armor on and went into the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the second round of One on One!!" I heard the annoncer say. I began to stretch my arms from side to side. The annoncer went on and talked about how the last fight was, apparently the one who won I got to far off today. I cracked my neck a bit and then got ready for my name to be announced. I listened closely. "The next runner up, is the one who won the other match. Victoria!" There was claps and some cheering. It was a bit joyful at least. I came up to the stage and got ready. I looked across and saw a female bender. She had her fists up. I did the same. "Let the match... Begin!"

The girl then flowed water from the other side of the ring. She then dashed it towards me. I jumped up, quickly dodging it. I then landed on my two feet and pushed air through my fingers. It went past the girl and the smirked, "Not too bad." She said. I smiled as well, "Same to you." I said and we both sat there. We didn't know which one would start the throw first. I took a deep breath, Show peace within yourself... I closed my eyes and then softly waved my hands around, following the air. "Look at that! Victoria is doing another dance today!"

"Dance! Dance! Dance!" I couldn't believe that they cheered for this... I continued to flow through the air. The girl was confused and she started throwing her water. I dodged it again. I then stopped the movements and twirled my arms around and shot my hands forward. Large amounts of air came out and smashed into the girl. The ding was made and the annoncer announced me as the winner. I turned and looked at the crowd. They went insane. "This is our first Airbender to ever score in the One on One tournament!" The annoncer yelled.

I then walked into the girls locker room and started to undress. I heard girls walk by and complimented my match. I never had one towards me before so I nodded. After I was done, I walked out and started towards the exit. My stomach was rumbling and I sighed, "I better find Mako so we can eat..." I muttered. Suddenly I felt a tug at my arm and some kind of cloth slapped onto my face. I panicked and started kicking. That's when I felt my head go woozy. My eyes started to droop and I dropped to the floor.