Ch.3

The next morning came around quicker than I realized. I grabbed my things and then walked out the room to be greeted with mother. I smiled up at her and hugged her. "Be safe now." She said. Then she flinched, "Oh! Wait a minute! Let me give you something!" She then let go and ran towards the back. After a minute she came back with a dark brown bag. Mother then handed it to me. "What's this?" I asked and she smiled, "Its Your father's." My eyes widened and I stared at the bag. Mother then opened the bag up, it had a picture. I reached in and grabbed it. The picture was father, me, and mom. Just like the picture in the dinning room. I smiled and then tried not to cry. "Thanks mom... I'll make sure I won't loose it." She hugged me one last time. "Good luck."

"I will." I said and pulled away. I then made my way towards the door. I stopped by the doorway and looked at mother. I smiled and soon left. I tied my father's bag around my belt. I then walked towards the bison yard. I went inside and soon walked up to my own, Mia. I jumped on her back and then grabbed the strings that were around her horns. I took a deep breath and looked over at the house. The house I lived and breathed at... So much changed... I then let Mia walk a bit. I then whipped the strings, "Mia yip yip!"

Mia then raised up towards the sky and flew towards the east. I looked around. Maybe it'll be somewhere near... I haven't been there before... But my step dad went before... he said it was east.. I sighed and leaned back, waiting for this ride to end.

It was literally three hours later and I snapped up when I saw a tall building. I looked over Mia's head. "I'm here..." I whispered and saw how beautiful the city was. It looked futuristic. The large statue of the Avatar was seen and I smiled a bit. I then saw the Air kingdom not far from the city. I straightened my back and I guided Mia towards the direction towards the Air kingdom. I sa a small landing area and I gently pulled back on Mia's riens. I then felt her land and made a yawn. I grabbed my things and heard footsteps. "You must be Victoria." A grown man voice said. I looked and saw a guy with a long beard and then saw children run out, also a pregnant wife.

I waved shyly. "Are you Tenzin?" I asked and he bowed, "That is me. This is my family. They were waiting to meet you-"

"Oh my gosh! You're pretty! Daddy look how pretty she is!" The bald boy said. I then let an air ball out and rolled down the side of Mia. I then landed on the ground and sighed happily, finally being on the ground from long hours of flying. Tenzin walked up to me with his wife on his arm, "How was your flight?" He asked. I stretched and groaned, "Long. But it'll last." I said and he smiled, "That's good. Come. We have lunch ready for you." He then walked with his wife towards their house. I shrugged and then I felt a tug at my left hand. I looked down and saw a small girl with buns on her head, "You're hair is pretty! I want that hair! Did you somehow color it?" I rolled my eyes gently, I wasn't well with kids... And especially when they talk about my hair.

I looked at her and forced a smile, "I was born with it."

"Wow! That's cool! You must be a super Airbender or something!" The girl said and then ran ahead. I shook my head, I'm gonna be here for the rest of my life... Better get use to it. I thought and walked in. The inside of their house was way larger than my own. I looked at the decretive attire in awe. I then saw the dinning area and saw how much food they had. I didn't want to be spoiled so I sat down and just stared. Tenzin laughed, "Go ahead. Have as much as you want." My eyes glowed and I slowly reached over and grabbed bread, rice balls, some meat, and then some other foods. I started munching and I made a noise of relaxation. This food is so good! The rice is good too! Tenzin's wife smiled, "I'm glad that you like the food... My children on the other hand..." She trailed off as some mashed potatoes were slung her way, and landed right on her face. I jumped. Stuff like that always ended up with a huge rage. Surprisingly, she didn't go insane.

Tenzin coughed and then spoke, "So. Today will be the day you'll get rest. Then tomorrow morning you'll go into Republic City." I swallowed the mix of food. I then looked at him, "Why do I have to? Is there a place I have to go to?" I asked and he nodded, "That.. And I want you to meet Korra."

"Korra?"

"Yes. She's my student and an Avatar." I stopped eating and the tense air rised. "An Avatar?!" I yelled and Tenzin nodded again, "Yes. She is training to have the Air element. But.. She's in a tournament right about now. Her thirteenth one right?" He turned to his wife who agreed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. An avatar... I had to meet her, and she won thirteen tournaments. "So I have to go into the city to meet Korra?" I asked and Tenzin shook his head this time, "Not just her. You have to meet up with Mako." I raised an eyebrow, "Who's Mako?"

"A trainee for the police force. He will be the one to mentor you while you work there."

"So... I'm going to be a police woman?" I asked and Tenzin smiled, "Yes. You're one of the blonde woman's ancestors. You have great deed. And a police force is the first step." I blinked and then looked at my food. Me... As a police woman.. I can't even think of the ways the people will rumor about me... I then finished my plate and stood up, "Thank you Tenzin for letting me say. I will get some rest and do those things you said."

"You're welcome. Have a nice rest."