He stood as dumbfounded. His mouth hanging open. "But that Ferrari is paid for and I haven't drawn the money back yet." Francisco looked through his pockets. "Let me just give him a call and it should be here by mor-" 

"Cisco stop!" I told him sternly and placed my hands on his shoulders. 

"Huh?"

"I don't want a Ferrari or a party. I just want it to be a normal day, nothing special or anything." 

He tilted his head. "Sure?" 

"Sure." 

"How boring." He stretched his arms over his head and yawned. "I am tired, so I should go to bed." He peeked down at me. "Happy birthday again and just come knock if you change your mind about that Ferrari." He winked and left the room yawning. 

"Happy birthday Nina," Luis and Manuel followed up and both gave me an assuring smile before they also left to go to bed. 

Liam laid his hand on my shoulder when Antonio walked towards me with a nervous smile. He stretched his arms and before I knew it, he had drawn me into his chest and chained his arms around me. I hugged him back lightly, resting my head on his chest. 

"Happy birthday... sister." 

I tensed. 

Sister. 

He had really called me sister and damn I was happy. My cheeks flushed and I smiled. "Thanks, brother." 

He squeezed tight and held me for what felt like an eternity. He may not have accepted it totally yet, but he somehow knew that we were brother and sister. We were family. 

He pulled out and looked down at me. "I am also going to bed, but I am making sure that you'll have a gift by your door in the morning." 

"I don't want any-" 

"You can't decide that." He smiled and removed a lock of hair from my face. "See ya in the morning." He walked away, pulling Liam with him, so Anthony and I were the only ones left in the room. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, his eyes almost looking... hurt?

"I didn't think it was important," I told him casually and aimed to look at the painting on the wall. "Have you painted that?" I pointed at it. 

"Don't change the subject and how do you even know I paint?" 

"Does it matter?" 

"Yes, it does, Nina." 

"I went into the room with the paint covered handle. I saw your masterpieces... all of them." I twisted towards him, looking him in the eye. 

"So... you saw it?" 

"Yes, but I don't know what it means... yet." 

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed loudly. "Damn it!" He kicked out in the air. "You weren't supposed to be in there! So tell me why you went in there!"

"I... I." I shuffled back, putting my hands up protectively. Why was he so angry?

"That was my private room! Why did you choose to go in there, Nina?" He took two treating steps forward, however, for the first time, I wasn't afraid. 

"Why the fuck are you angry with me? You have a feeling painting of me standing in a room in your house! Shouldn't I be the one demanding answers?" I pointed my finger at him, stepping real close and glaring right up in his face. 

"I have my reasons," he told me low, trying to look away but I took a hold of his face. 

"Don't you dare look away, Anthony Martinez! I am not who I once was and right now I demand answers! What're your reasons!"