47. This Is Not The End

My father was in jail and I did not live in total misery, but still, there were so many loose ends.

It had been a week since the trail, my legs were totally healed and I was now sitting in a boring brown office with too soft couches and in front of me, sat an elderly lady, with bleached hair, freckles, and shining blue eyes.

"Why do you think you finally can't get over your father?" she asked and crossed her legs, her facial features look like they cared, but they did not. She was paid to sit there and talk about my feelings and about my health, so why should I listen or trust her.

I didn't answer her, I just leaned further back in the couch and let my eyes trail over the diplomas on her wall and even a picture of her and some important man I couldn't name. 

"Okay..." She took a deep breath. "I was warned that you weren't the big talker, but that does not mean that we ain't going to have a conversation." 

I yawned. If she really thought I would open up to her, she was a bigger fool than I thought. 

"Okay, let's start with something there is a more easy topic for you to discuss." I turned my focus to her again. She briskly looked through her papers. "You like writing?" 

I bit my lip and looked away again. "Yes," I replied. 

"She talks, what a miracle," she said happily, shifting in her seat. I rolled my eyes and sighed, this was going to be a long one hour. 

"So, what do you write about? Scary things? Fantasy? Maybe romance?" I flinched as she said the last words, a big mistake. "Aha." She pointed her finger at me. "You write romance. What an interesting thing. Are you good at it?" 

"I like to think I am," I told her, crossing my arms over my chest and letting my hair fall down in front of my eyes. 

"Good, we are on more than one word, that's good." She smiled for a short while until she met my eyes. "You know, Nina, you have been a very enclosed person for a long while and I really believe that you want to break free." Her arm moments was even more impressive than her skills and that said a lot. 

"Good for you." I crossed my leg like her, keeping my eyes on the glass of water she had made sure I had in front of me. All of this seemed to structural, everything went after the book or was as taken out from a movie scene I really didn't want to be a part of. 

To my surprise, she threw her head back laughing. "That was a good one," she laughed, pointing at me. My eyes were wide and my mind a mystery. She was even crazier than I thought, why would Liam and Anthony ever force me to be with someone like her?

She straightened her back, pulling her professional face on again. "I may not have cracked you yet, Nina, since you definitely are a bit different compared to my other clients," she said, tilting her head, staring at me. I shifted in my seat, trying to tear away my eyes, but I couldn't. "I know you don't want to be here, but you don't have a choice. You have so many secrets for your family and so much pain going on and I'm here to help you if you let me." 

I sighed, she really didn't get it.  "You get paid to sit here and talk about my problems, trying to fix something you don't understand. So what about you just sign the papers so I don't have to do this anymore." My voice was harsh and flew through the room with high speed. I slammed down the papers on the table between us, waiting for her to say something. 

Carefully, she took the papers and looked through them. "I see, you don't want to be helped, you just want to move on... maybe even find the loose ends." I gulped. What did she know? "Oh, darling. I know more than you think. I know about your drinking issues, daddy issues, mommy issues, brother issues, social issues and of course, boyfriend issues."