32. Like A Open Book

Three weeks had gone by with the same old routine. My mother made breakfast and talked to me, I went to school and hurried through the day and my father went home late at night and slept all day so he could go out again the next night. 

There had been no sign of Anthony as predicted and the little black water can still stand in the living room for some reason.

I silently sat leaned up against my wall and listened to the radio blasting a calm song through my room. It would have been nice if my mother wouldn't have interrupted me every third second with a new box to my things.

Mom and Dad had found a little apartment right beside the grocery shop. It was okay, but no matter how many bad things there had happened in my life in this house, it was still my home.

"Nina?" My mom opened the door and stepped in with another box. Her smile had disappeared a long time ago and I really didn't know if it had ever been there

"Yeah?" I said and glanced up at her.

"Have you started packing?" She looked around my room, nothing had changed since last time she had asked and I didn't plan to do anything today.

"No."

"Then you should start." She said and placed her hands on her hips while towering over me. "We are moving in a week and I want you to be ready." 

"Okay." I gulped and got up.

"Don't be lazy! I don't want that in my house!" she said before storming out the door again and tramping down the stairs.

Maybe it was better to move. This house was getting old and maybe a fresh start would help.

I sighed and walked over to my bed and laid down. My crutches fell down on the floor beside me. I glanced down at my leg. The doctor had told me that I only needed to be wrapped in two more weeks. I couldn't wait for it to finally be free and catch some fresh air.

Many minutes went by and soon I found myself on the way out of the house again with my laptop in my backpack and my crutches under my arms. Darkness hadn't made its appearance yet, so the sun was still the brightest shining star in the sky. I walked slowly until I came to a bench with a table and sat down and looked over the old city. 

It was admiring how it could still be clued together when a lot happened underneath the surface of the smiling faces. How everything always seemed to be so calm and loving when it wasn't. 

I opened up my computer and directly went into my book. The line Anthony had written still stood untouched between the other lines of creation. It was amazing how he could make my mind go crazy with words by only writing one simple question. And of course how much my answer made me overthink my situation once again. Was his world really better than mine?

I took a deep breath and listened to the sounds around me before my fingers trailed over the keyboard and wrote words of my mind. Each word was richer than the one before and came with their own little meaning to my little tale. It was stunning how other people couldn't see the beauty of words. How much they affected minds and just everything in general. How you didn't describe that the moon reflected in the window, but how the white light danced over the glass in the dark. 

I yearned to finish it right in that moment, but there were so many more undiscovered secrets about their love, which would probably never lift to the surface, but still needed to be there. Even if it was deep, deep down. Everything mattered in love and everything could easily break it again. 

I smiled down at my work and at my progress. That in front of me was the only thing I was ever really proud of. 

I looked up and admired the view. It wasn't pretty, like not at all. It was buildings, trees and cars, nothing special, but still. It was the town I grew up in and there will always be something beautiful in that.