13

We finished eating some time ago and I'm in my room doing my homework. I hear a knock on the door and then Marcus comes in. He sits on my bed.

"So. Martinus got suspended from school." He says. I look at him with wide eyes.

"For how long?" I ask.

"For a week. And he's also grounded for three weeks." Marcus explains.

"Oh god I feel awful for him. Why does everything have to be so complicated?" I bury my head in my hands.

"Hey it's gonna be okay. Martinus just happens to be more than jealous of that Jake guy. I understand him, he really loves you." Marcus says.

"Yea whatever." I sigh.

"Let's jus drop that. So, tell me about him, is he nice? Or funny?" Marcus asks.

"Yea, but not as nice and funny as you." I say and get Marcus to chuckle.

"Of course he isn't. Nobody is nicer to you than me." He says. I smile at him. I don't understand how he is still like that even tho I'm fighting with his twin? Maybe he has some faith in us and doesn't wanna choose sides.

"Can we just forget all this for a while and go for a walk?" He suggest. I nod and get up. We go downstairs and put on our shoes and coat and then leave the house.

We walk around Trofors and just laugh about everything. That's the thing I like the most about Marcus, he can always make me laugh.

"It's getting dark, I think we should go back home." Marcus says looking up at the sky.

We walk back in. I take off my shoes and when I'm about to go back upstairs I can hear Martinus from the living room.

"Jenny can you come here?" He says. I nod and go over him. He hands me a rose from behind his back.

"What is this for?" I ask. I have been a shitty person and he still buys me a rose?

"I just thought I'd give my favorite person her favorite flower. A dark red rose." He says cracking a smile.

"Are you crazy? I have been a complete shithead to you." I say and look up at him.

"Crazy about you." He smiles. I smile back at him. This is what I want. Just smiling with him. "I have some homework to do so, bye I guess." He says and starts walking up the stairs. I catch up to him on the top of them.

"Wait." I say. He turns to me and raises his eyebrow. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek and then go to my room.

I put the rose on my desk. It's so beautiful. I can't believe that after all this Martinus is still trying to win me over. I guess he really loves me?

I look at the rose and smile. I have gotten so many roses from that boy I can't even remember them all.

I have never been happier than I was with Martinus. He makes me laugh with his silly jokes, and he can be so sweet and romantic.

Then why the hell am I like this, why don't I just go over there and kiss him and tell everything is okay?

I can't. I want to, but I just can't get myself to it. Because then I remember all the bad stuff he has done. He cheated, he punched my friend, and what else.

I love him so much tho. Maybe if I give it a little time I can forgive him and it'll be okay. If he doesn't find someone else before that.

What if he finds somebody else? Someone prettier, funnier, someone who forgives him easily.

I'm pacing around my room with all these stupid questions in my head. Just go to sleep you idiot!

I change into my pajamas and climb under the covers. I wish I had Martinus next to me. I sigh and sit up. I can't do this, I have to be with him.

I quietly open the door and make my way over to Martinus' room. I knock on the door and he opens it. He's wearing nothing but shorts.

"This is going to sound extremely stupid but can I sleep next to you?" I ask looking at him in the eyes. He just looks at me for a while but then lets me in.

He goes back to bed and I lie down next to him. I still feel lonely and kinda distant, but it's better than my room.

"Good night Martinus." I whisper and close my eyes.

I hear some mumbling as an answer and then feel two strong arms around me. I start smiling when I feel Martinus' warm breath on my neck. This is what I want.